Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Need recommendation for lunch in Baltimore, Fells Point

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 09:02 AM
lisa

Heading up to Baltimore for a daytrip this weekend. Any recommendations for a great place for Saturday lunch in Fells Point? Enjoy most types of food, especially Italian, but my friend unfortunately does not eat fish or seafood.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 09:08 AM
Wyn

Head to Little Italy, which is right next to Fells Point. There is a restaurant named Amicci's. Quite possibly the best Italian food I've ever had. Fells Point you're going to get stuck with a lot of bar food choices.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 05:34 PM
pete

I second the vote for Amicci's, casual, good Italian food. Also try John Steven in Fell's Point (seafood, american food (steak etc.)), and Nacho Mama's on O'Donnell Street (the square) in Canton. Nacho Mama's is Mexican and excellent, fun atmosphere too.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 06:01 PM
beth anderson

Hi

be careful about one Italian resto though, right in Fells Point (not little Italy). It is RIGHT on the water, and BOY was it BAD BAD BAD. The guy driving the water taxi recommended it, and I am guessing he HAD to have gotten a kickback or something cuz even though it was 5 years ago I remember that as one of the singular worst resto meals I have ever had... I remember it began with a P (Piccolos maybe?) and was right on the water as you exited the water taxi..

however it has been 5 years, who knows, maybe they figured it out.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 08:44 AM
pete

Piccolo's was the name of it, and it is closed (bad bad food). Also, stay away from Lista's right on the water next to Piccolo's. It's Tex-Mex, but the food is mediocre (Nacho Mama's MUCH better in Canton). However, if you're just going for chips & salsa, and beers, the location is great (it's right on the water).