Need opinions on Magic Kingdom

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Curious

Need opinions on Magic Kingdom

The last time I was at Disney's Magic Kingdom was about 20 years ago. Of course I don't remember much as I was only 11.

I have been searching through this board and noticed some really negative comments regarding the Magic Kingdom. I would like to go there (only have two days and been to most of the other parks already), but it sounds like a waste of the day for two people in their early thirties (we do like rides).

I'm just looking for opinions on the Magic Kingdom as I already know what else I want to do.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Magic

I'm almost 30 and loved the Magic Kingdom. At least for a day . . . With the new Fast Pass system you have plenty of chance to get on the rides and see the beauty of the park. New rides that are among my faves -- Alien Encounter, Splash Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 09:10 AM
shaggy

I loved the magic kingdom and I'm 36. Actually, I found Disney's MGM studios more fun, but if you've already been there, definately go to Magic Kingdom. You'll love it.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Shain

Hi Curious,
we wre also in the early thirties in may2001 when arriving for a seven day
stop at thw WDW.
For us, even if it was my fifth time
the last 10 years - we always start with the magic kingdom. Even if you skip something, there is always something new and surprisingly-.
And if you have a Hopper Plus Pass - it's easy to switch whereever you want to go. In the end - we found the Animal Kngdom all over interesting, but each park had its own highlights.
So - I found def no negatives on Magic Kingdom.#
More info needed ? email me
Shain/eu/de/düsseldorf

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 12:26 PM
Gail

I love rides and always enjoy the Magic Kingdom. You have space mountain, thunder mountain, splash mountain, Buzz Lightyear. Although, I must say, I WAAAAY prefer Islands of Adventure. Fantastic rides there.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 02:39 PM
ILove

I don't even bother with Disney anymore. Universal and Islands of Adventure are much better!

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Beth2

Magic Kingdom isn't about thrill rides... it's just pleasant and, well, magical! Start your day with a bee-line to the big draws: Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain RR, and the Haunted Mansion. Then go pick up a Fast Pass for Space Mountain and do Buzz Lightyear while you're waiting! After that - just relax! Have lunch at the Horseshoe Salon, or a PB&J on Tom Sawyers Island! Take in the old favorites like Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tiki Birds. It's nostagia at its best! Have your portrait charcoaled or silhouet cut! Be sure to take in a scheduled show and parade, too. I wouldn't miss Magic Kingdom if I hadn't been in 20 years! Hope you have a great trip.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Mel

We went back to WDW in November with our daughter and two grandsons--hadn't been since our daughter was 14--about 16 years ago. It was wonderful!!! The Magic Kingdom has only gotten better--loved Buzz Lightyear, rode it over and over! Dusk was so lovely as it settled over the lighted "town" and the fireworks began.

You'll still love it!

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Sara

My husband and I have been to the Magic Kingdom seven times over the past tweny five years, both with and without kids, and have always had a great time. We were in our early twenties the first time we went, and are in our late forties now, but it still hasn't lost it's magic for us. In fact, my husband was in Anaheim at a conference a few years ago, and he played hooky one day and spent the whole day at Disney Land by himself, and had a terrific time.