need opinion on park city lodging

Apr 29th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

need opinion on park city lodging

hi-we're planning to ski park city in winter 2007. Trying to decide between town (marriott summit watch) or the base (marriott mountainside or silver king). Any info/insight would be great. Is staying in town and using the town lift great? can you ski back easily? Thanks for your help.
Apr 29th, 2006, 05:44 PM

Hi Heidi,

I live in Park City so here's my advice. It doesn't make much difference. Both properties are very nice and in good locations. The Town Lift is convenient and you can ski back to town as long as there is enough snow. Very early season and late spring it may be closed. If so, no problem, just hop on the free shuttle bus from any of the resorts to get back to the Summit Watch.

If it were me, I would stay at the Mountainside. I like to be right at the slopes. A shorter walk in the boots. A short bus ride or walk to Main Street.

When are you coming?
Apr 29th, 2006, 10:55 PM

Dayle: A friend has offered me his place on Ranch Mountain Drive next winter for three days. What ski slopes are nearby and how far is this street from the free shuttle. I've never been to Park City before.
Apr 30th, 2006, 09:26 AM

Hofstra,

I'm not familiar with that particular street name. There are a couple of neighborhoods it could be in. Can you ask your friend what neighborhood? I'm guessing either Holiday Ranch, or Ranch Place, both very nice areas. If it's one of these areas, I would just have a car, not far away from the ski resorts, but not very convenient to the shuttle buses either.

All 3 of our ski resorts are within 7 miles of each other. Very easy.
Apr 30th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

thanks everyone for the info. I'll be there mid-march. any opinion on the silver king?
thanks!
Apr 30th, 2006, 07:48 PM

Heidi,

The Silver King is a nice condo hotel property. It's across the large parking lot from the base lifts at PCMR. Not as nice as the Mountainside, but nice.