Reload this Page >

Need info on the Roosevelt Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 07:02 PM
michelle

I will be going to New York in October for a Saturday and a Sunday night to attend a convention. The group has arranged a block of rooms at the Roosevelt Hotel. If anyone has stayed in this hotel, I'd appreciate a brief review of it. It is not listed in any of the guidebooks that I have.
There is a group rate that we can get at the Roosevelt Hotel for $259 a night. Is this a good rate or should I look around for another hotel? We don't have to stay in the same hotel as everyone else in the group. I don't mind paying that much if it is the standard price, but on the other hand I don't want to be overcharged.
Thanks for yor help! Michelle

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 03:54 AM
AC

Hi Michelle:
I can tell you the the Roosevelt was recently renovated and it it lovely.
A couple of blocks from Grand Central and in heart of some of the best shopping NYC has to offer!
I'm not to sure about the room rate, I know someone else will be able to help there. Welcome to NYC

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 06:21 AM
Audrey

I will be staying there this coming weekend (4/28) and will let you know after that(if you don't need to know before then).

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 04:00 AM
Philip

That area is a little desolate at night and on weekends. For that price, you might want to find something a little closer to where the action is.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 04:25 AM
ilisa

My husband and I stayed at the Roosevelt last year and enjoyed it. It was renovated and the lobby area is lovely. Our room was a bit small, but since we weren't there much, it didn't matter. We saw several shows when there, and walked. We never used taxis or the subway at that time. We didn't feel like we were out of the way at all. I do think, however, $259/night is excessive. We got a room rate for about $125/night. I booked it on the web, though I forgot which site.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:03 PM
rosie

I just went on their website www.theroosevelthotel.com and found room rates for $159! However I think the rate is only good through June. I booked a room for the last weekend in May. I never stayed there and would like to hear any other thoughts. We were going to stay at the Michelangelo - but for $159 the was a hard deal to beat.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 03:05 AM
Jo Ann

Hi

My friend and I are also considering staying here in May. I have only read positive things about this hotel in books and on the web. We were quoted an Entertainment Book rate that works out to be about $175.00 per night.

Good Luck

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 11:38 AM
Howard

It's a decent hotel and a good location, but you can do better pricewise there!

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 08:24 PM
Burgan

I stayed there on business once. The lobby is beautiful, but the rooms are a bit small. I think the whole hotel was renovated within the last couple of years, and it was in good shape overall. Your price seems a bit high . . you might check their website or quickbook.com for a better rate, especially if you are getting a group discount.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 09:59 AM
Gerri

Just stayed at the Roosevelt in March when I went in for the Lion King. Lobby is Beautiful, the conceirge was very helpful for dinner reservations. Great place to stay, rooms are small. I went to www.hoteldiscount.com and paid $189.+ tax. Bring your sneakers you can walk everywhere.

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 06:36 AM
Audrey

At the risk of repeating what has already been said, we enjoyed our stay there although we weren't in our rooms much. It has been renovated and is lovely and clean; the rooms are small; the staff is friendly and helpful--and well groomed. Our rates were $179 for a room for two; $205 for a room for 3. Parking was $40/night.