Reload this Page >

NEED INFO OF HOTELS IN MONTREAL, QUEBEC AND TORONTO

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 1997, 01:18 PM
NURYS

Going to Canada for New Year's, had thought about Toronto, and then taking the train to visit Montreal and Quebec. Please give me suggestions on nice accomodations and recommendations for New Year's at any of these places. I presently have reservations at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto and am considering the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec. Please help!

Old Oct 3rd, 1997, 10:54 AM
helayne

You might try the Delta Chelsea Inn (Gerrard & Yonge) about 1 block north of the Eaton Centre in Toronto. Very Central!

Old Oct 4th, 1997, 12:00 PM
Bonnie

I am a Torontonian and I think your choice of the Westin Harbour Castle is a good one. It is a lovely hotel on the waterfront with a fabulous Sunday brunch up in the revolving tower. It is not as convenient to the subway as some of the other hotels but with a car, you should have no problem. THe Novotel would also be a good choice, as would the Four Seasons in Yorkville (should you want to really splurge in a chic, shopping area). The Delta Chelsea, in my opinion, would only be a good choice if you wanted to stay close to the action. Although the hotel is lovely, it is so near to Yonge Street that if you are looking for a classy location -- forget it. Yonge St. is hopping, but may be somewhat dingy with the various shops. Have a great trip; welcome to our city!

Old Oct 4th, 1997, 12:03 PM
Bonnie

I forgot to mention that I also think your choice of the Frontenac is a good one. Although I haven't stayed there, it is a grande hotel and one that could be quite lovely with its view of the water. Quebec city is an enchanting place. Make sure you tour the old city. Have fun, Bonnie

Old Oct 5th, 1997, 09:04 AM
Harry

Re: Toronto and Montreal

Just recently I stayed in Montreal at the Hilton Bonaventure for 4 days. We were in the Premier suite which we got for $ 950.00 per night. Room was incrediblr, beautiful, everything. Re the hotel , however, restaurant food, especially the buffet, is of such low standard that is is a shame to the city of Montreal. Thumbs down big time. Also the place does not get a lot of evening walk-ins to the lounge, etc because of its location, so it is quite dead in the evening.

In Toronto I stayed at the Westin Palace. Rooms were fine. However we couldn't get a key for our mini bar because "they didn't have any keys left" and the toilet was plugged when we got there. Food was insipid and one of us had food poisoning.

I'm not really a negative person though. If you're thinking of New Years in Canada, go for Montreal (I am working on the same project). In comparison with Montreal, Toronto has no soul. Montreal's the place to be (I'm a Winnipeger)

Old Nov 19th, 1997, 03:42 PM
jay

The Delta Chelsea in Toronto and the Loews Le Concorde in Quebec. Both inexpensive and very attractive.

Old Nov 19th, 1997, 05:52 PM
Tonya

Just got back from Toronto, Montreal, and Quebec 3 weeks ago. We took the train between the cities also. The Royal York in Toronto is great, right across the street from the train station, next to the Hockey Hall of Fame, and don't forget BCE place with the Marche restaurant for dinner. Get a subway day pass. The Queen Elizabeth in Montreal is great, and the underground connects the hotel to the train station. You never have to go outside to travel from Toronto to Montreal. But the Chateau Frontenac is a must, right in old Quebec. For a change on the island of Ile d'Orleans in the middle of the St.Lawerence river is the Auberge la Goeliche. Great day trip just to drive around the island on the main road . Takes about an hour. Northwest airlines offers a package for all three hotels, with the Chateau Frontenac at a third of the rack rate. While in Montreal try Les Halles restaurant on rue Crescent next to Hard Rock Cafe. The Surprise du Patron is worth it. A bit pricey, but how often do you really spoil yourself, and it is New Year's ENJOY!!!

Old Nov 20th, 1997, 03:34 PM
Ann Elise Burke

Stayed at the Inter-Continental between for New Year's weekend in '96. Wonderful room , beautiful hotel, centrally located (we walked everywhere). Included fabulous breakfast every day. We got a special holiday rate of about $85 American. Am sure the regular rates are much more. The room and its bathroom were great. Loved Montreal. Think you will too.

Old Nov 23rd, 1997, 02:10 PM
Yves

The Ritz and Inter-Continental are good choices for Montreal. Nice restaurant is Buena Note on St-Laurent St. Nice place to have a drink is Whyski Café on St-Laurent as well.

There's very nice little hotels in trendy's "Vieux Port" Negihborhood like brand new "Dominion 1912": 418.692.2224 on St-Pierre St, and Hotel Priori on Sault-au-Matelot St. These hotels are not too big and very charming (better than ChÂteau Frontenac). One of the best restaurant in town is Laurie Raphael on St-Andre close to Hotel Dominion and also Serge Bruyère. All these places are very romantic. Also Graffiti on Cartier. Bar Inox is a nice place to have a drink. if you like ski there's Mont Saint-Anne 30 minutes from Québec and also "Petite Rivière Saint-François", a small but great ski center one hour from Québec directly on St-Laurence river (very beautiful)***.

Bon voyage à Québec!

Old Nov 23rd, 1997, 03:57 PM
Lorna

Hi, Could you tell me anything more about: Loews Le Concorde? I am looking for something nice, but resonable. I have never been to Montreal before. Thanks, Lorna

Please e-mail if possible.

Old Dec 6th, 1997, 07:41 AM
Robert D. Brown

Re: a place to stay in Quebec City.
We stayed at a very good bed and breakfast called
La Maison du Mesnil. It is run by Renee Thibault;
prounounced Tee bow. She speaks English and is most helpful. (Running the B and B is not her only endeavor in life.) The breakfast was all we wanted.
The location is just north of the old city, but
easily driven. The house is new and comfortable.
And it is located in a very nice neighborhood.

Renee being a computer analyst has a great web page which you can find with a little surfing via a search on Quebec accommodations. And while in Quebec, you absolutely must see Chute Montmorency. In the winter parts of it may be frozen.

Rates at B and B Mesnil were in the range of $65 - 70 (Canadian) per night for two adults.