Reload this Page >

Need Info & Planning Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 06:33 AM
Bill Bates

My wife and I are planning a motor trip through New England in either late September or October, and we would like to be there during the "peak foilage" change. When is the best time to enjoy the natural views through the NE states? Thanking you in advance. Bill Bates

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 07:36 AM
xxx

As recent threads have mentioned, you're more likely to get a response if the title of your thread is more descriptive--"New England foliage", for example.
Hope this helps!

Old Jul 8th, 2001, 10:29 PM
X

Message: Please include city/state/region name in message title, EVEN if you are picking a state from the "keyword list"

Author: helpful ([email protected])
Date: 6/28/2001, 2:46 pm ET

Message: I've noticed a lot of ambiguous message titles lately, and many people responding in frustration along the lines of "Why don't you say what state/city you're talking about?!?!

Posters AND readers may not realize/remember that when you post a message you are given the option of both a message and a 'keyword'.
For example, someone might use "best hotel" as a message and choose "arizona" from the keyword list, not realizing that the keyword does NOT show up in the message title or text, and is only useful for searching among all the posts.

I really enjoy this forum, but I don't want to 'waste' my time reading posts on topics I thought were about something else, nor do I think posters deserve rude (ok, frustrated)
responses to their posts because they are unaware of how the system works.

If you kind Fodorites agree with me, why not bump this message up periodically so others can take note of it.
Thank you !

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 03:31 AM
Donna F

Peak foliage around Concord NH is usually around Oct 12. The leaves turn sooner further north and at higher elevations. Try www.newengland.com for foliage and trip info. This is Yankee magazine's site and 'required reading'. I always think the foliage is prettiest when combined with views of rolling fields (VT) or mountains in the background (NH).

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 11:11 AM
Dina

Bill: October would be the best month IMO. Foliage peak times vary from year to year and region to region but the 2nd or 3rd week of October is usually good. Recommended routes would be Rte 4 or 9 (Vermont), Rte 89 (New Hampshire). All good roads/highways with lots to do and see along the way. Not sure if by motor trip you mean "motor home" or car. If you're planning on needing accommodations, it can get dicey around that time of year depending on where you end up going. But, that's part of the "adventure" right? Have fun!