Need help w/Corpus Christi trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am attending a concert at Executive Surf Club & wanted to know if there are any hotels within walking distance (if this is a safe area to walk in at nite). Also wanted to know some good local seafood "dives" that the locals love.
thanks,
Janedoe
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 05:55 AM

Jane, there are plenty of hotels in CC, most being on or just off Shoreline. Water St (where the Exec. Surf Club is) is just a few blocks away. I think there is a Marriott or Ramada on Water St. There are plenty of websites to check out. Try this one and click on Hotels http://www.corpuschristi-tx-cvb.org/

You may find something about seafood "dives" here as well. My food experiences in CC haven't been anything to rave about.
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 05:52 PM

Hello from Corpus Christi, I hope you have a great time. The owner of the Omni chain of hotels is originally from Corpus so there are two nice Omni's. Omni Bayfront is the nicest, Omni marina is the other. Both are just a little long for walking to the Surf Club (by hot s.tex standards) but less than 2 miles away, one block over and down.Executive Surf Club is a great spot, and is part of a group of restaurants of which Water St. Oyster Bar is the nicest, and most respected seafood restaurant in corpus. if you are looking for "local" color check out Snoopys which is on the way to padre island (about 12 miles) and a converted bait stand - a spectacular place to have a beer and watch the sun set.
Be sure to check out the Tx St Aquarium, The USS Lexington (where they filmed Pearl harbor) and the dog track for a fun night.
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

V,
Is Snoopy's just across the causeway (can't remember the official name) or out at the corner where you turn to go to Port Aransas? These are two locals that I visited about 10 yrs ago but can't remember their names. Also, is the National Beach the best one or is there a better locally known alternative. I not looking for a big party beach, just good sand & waves with some facilities.
Thanks!
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 07:03 PM

Snoopy's is just across the causeway (intercoastal) on the right.
None of the beaches are great now, the spring and strong winds bring in the seaweed.
If I were going to the beach I'd either go to port aransas (fun and eclectic, and closer than the national seashore)or mustang state park. Port A has fun little shops, restuarant where you can sit on the deck and have a drink, the jetties you can walk out on, and watch the huge ships come and go, and a nice beach. The state park is a nice stretch of beach. You reach both by turning left at the first or second light after you cross the causeway and get on island. the hwys and beaches are marked well. The only reason I'd go the national seashore (which is really a drive) is if you really looking for the natural beach, dunes, and habitat. It's lovely, pristine, and secluded. If you decide to drive to the nat'l seashore look for bird island basin which will be on your right off the highway (again - it's well marked). Drive over and watch them kite board and wind surf - the pros surf here.