Reload this Page >

Need help on choosing honeymoon destination in October

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 06:04 PM
Ashleigh

My fiance and I are trying to decide where to go on our honeymoon. Originally, we planned for Hawaii, but it's so far from NY, and expensive. We're now thinking maybe Aruba or Bermuda. Any ideas, or comments on where to go, that's out of the "hurricane zone" for this time of year?

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 07:17 AM
Caribean

You'll get more info on the carribean board. I know that Aruba is out of the hurricane belt, but it's a 'desert' island, so not lush at all. I don't know about Bermuda. You should also consider Granada. It's out of the hurricane belt and is 'greener' than Aruba. Good luck and best wishes!

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 07:39 AM
traveller

Saw a documentary on Grenada a couple of years ago and the problem they were having with yellow snakes (I believe that was the name of them). It really scared me as they are extremely aggressive. Perhaps, the above poster can comment on this. I have wondered for a while if they have been able to get a handle on this problem.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 07:54 AM
curious

What about Nantucket? Beautiful, less crowded, less expensive and still great weather. You could drive and take the ferry. Another closer to home alternative is Charleston at one of those romantic and beautiful B&B's and then a few days at a nearby beach resort, like Wild Dunes? I think both these spots are great for a honeymoon and at least offer options other than just a beach in case the weather turns bad.

I've been to Aruba (too sparse and nothing but beach) and Bermuda, which is lovely. I went in October to Bermuda and we lucked out with great weather. I'd take Bermuda over Aruba any day but be aware that it will probably be more expensive than Hawaii. IMO Nantucket is every bit as beautiful if not more so than Bermuda.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:01 AM
Paul

What about any of the major cities in Canada. Lots to do if you get bored ;} and a great exchange rate.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:11 AM
Ashleigh

Thanks everyone for the great advice!

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 08:42 PM
Katie

I got married 5 years ago (wow - time flies!) this October and went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. We stayed at Sandals Halcyon. There are two Sandals resorts on the island - Halcyon is the smaller of the two - and the one I'd highly recommend! You can go to Sandals St. Lucia to eat or hang out - only about 20 minutes via their free shuttle. St. Lucia is BEAUTIFUL - would love to go back. It's below the hurricane area - there was a hurricane in the northern Carribean the week we were there - our weather was gorgeous every day! Good luck and congratulations!