Search

Port Aransas Texas

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 1998, 09:38 AM
Kat

Port Aransas Texas

In August 98 I'm traveling to Corpus Christie Texas then on to Port Aransas on Mustang Island in the Gulf of Mexico. Need some info on sightseeing, restaurants and country/western dance clubs. Please respond to e-mail address. Thanks.

Old Apr 28th, 1998, 09:43 AM
Paul

Was down there last year. Not much in the way of sightseeing, but bar scene in Port A is fair, kinda a Key West without the pretentious crowd. There's a CW place in Ingleside (about 5 mi) called Cow Patty's that is fun. Try Senor Dude's for Mex food.

Old Apr 30th, 1998, 01:11 PM
Scott Johnson

Try the "Boiling Pot" for dinner. Fun atmosphere & great food. Corpus Christi has more sight seeing and some nice clubs too.

Old Jan 16th, 1999, 08:01 PM
Gulf Coast Condo

We are taking our 3 children to Texas the wk of Feb 20/99, looking for a 1-2 bedrm condo for a 1 wk rental. As we are travelling "standby" we can't confirm our tickets until 2 wk ahead. Any suggestions for oceanfront, modern condos, preferrably with a heated pool in a quiet area? I'm considering Mustang Island, Port Aransas, or S Padre. Any suggestions as to "reasonable" accomodation greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Pam

Old Jan 17th, 1999, 06:49 PM
Marcia

A very nice condo right on the beach on Mustang Island is called the Sandpiper (adjacent condo building is called the Seagull, I think owned by the same company). The units are very nice, the pool is beautiful (hot tub also), and we have stayed here 3 times without any disappointment. Boardwalk leads directly to beach, chairs provided by Sandpiper. I love Mustang Island because it is isolated with little commercial development, yet the town of Port Aransas is only 10 minutes away, and then there is Corpus Christi also close by. Take the ferry run by the state into Port A. It's a very short ride, but it kind of gets you in the spirit of things and a calmer mindset.

Old Jan 22nd, 1999, 05:48 AM
Jill

Another nice condo on Mustang Island, is PORT ROYAL (800-242-1034). It brags at having the largest pool in Texas, which is actually four pools connected with waterfalls, a slide and 4 whirlpool spas. There is also a board walk to the ocean where you can swim or walk for miles. On Mustanag Island there is not a lot of things to do, it's quiet and relaxing. The units were nicely decorated and clean. I would highly recommend PORT ROYAL, we certainly enjoyed it.