Reload this Page >

Need Advice for Mt. Lassen lodging

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2000, 01:43 PM
Meri

Can anyone recommend an upscale lodging to use as a base for exploring the Mt. Lassen area that's closer than Redding and Red Bluff? I'm trying to find something more luxurious than the housekeeping cabins and motels I've found so far. Any ideas?

Old Apr 28th, 2000, 03:55 PM
KT

I've only camped or stayed at pretty funky places myself, but I've seen a B&B called Bidwell House in Chester that you might want to research. Chester is between Lassen and Lake Almanor.

Old May 12th, 2000, 01:44 PM
Gail

There is none. I spent a week there and searched 30 minutes both directions from each entrance. I would say Chester would have the most choices of food and motels.

Old May 21st, 2000, 10:06 AM
Gail

Look at www.minerallodge.com This is a very nice area that just reopened their motel. Although I have seen the area, I have not seen the motel. This is as upscale as it gets in this area and the drive to Lassen is much closer.

Old May 23rd, 2000, 06:28 AM
Gail

I realized I have mistaken Mineral Lodge with Mill Creek. Mill Creek is a housing area with a small restautant. Mineral is just a plain motel.