Need a Romantic Restaurant in Boston

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 05:59 AM
Joe S

Hi all,

Going up to Boston for the first time this weekend to celebrate two years with my girl. I'm looking for a restaurant with a romantic setting. Willing to spend between $100-$200. Any recommendations???

Thanks
Joe

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 08:38 AM
Dick

A window table at the Rowes Wharf Restaurant in the Boston Harbour Hotel is about as romantic as things get in my book. It will definitely be toward the upper end of your price range and only then if you don't get too carried away with the wine list. A close second would be Julien in the Meridien Hotel - much the same quiet opulence but without the view.

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 07:44 PM
pastis

Joe, since she lives here, she mostly likely has a place that she has always wanted to eat at...ask her.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 05:20 AM
Bennie

L'Esplier (I know I'm spelling it wrong, sorry) is often named one of the most romantic restaurants in Boston. Bay Tower Room is also the site of many engagements and has a wonderful view.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 07:25 AM
pastis

a tiny very romantic place on Charles street called The Hungry i.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 07:30 AM
Ron

We were in Boston before the 11th for a week. We ate at many places and the one restaurant that my wife and I agreed was the nicest was called Limonellico (I could be wrong on the spelling). It is in the Italian North End section and it is literally 2 doors down from Paul Revere's house. It is a new restaurant less than 2 years old. The owner was a waiter and 2 years ago he bought a lottery ticket and won a million bucks. Food and price were excellent. Legals was too noisy. Good luck..

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 06:38 PM
formerbostongirl

The Capital Grille on Newbury..great steakhouse, and wonderful walking it off after dinner.

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 04:32 AM
Dan

Aquataine or Hammersley's in the South End.

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 09:56 AM
Liam

Someone recently posted a similar question and (like last time), someone beat me to the punch in recommeding Hamersley's Bistro.

My wife and I dined there for our 7th anniversary several weeks ago and had the BEST meal ever. Total tab (including tip) for the two of us was about $170 - we did not skimp and it well worth it. Our waiter was excellent. I would go back in a second.

The restaurant is decorated in a French/Provencal style (pale yellow walls which reflect the candle-light, iron chandeliers) - very romantic. Plus there is an outdoor dining area, which would be great if you were there on a mild evening. Dress code is dressy to dressy casual; not a "jacket and tie" kind of place, but I would not wear jeans of any sort.

It's located in a lively (largely artsy/gentrified/gay) neighborhood in the South End, about three blocks from Copley Square.

You cannot go wrong with hamersley's.

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 06:05 PM
Paul

I agree that Hamersley's Bistro is great, but if it is romance you want you can not beat L'Espelliar in the Four Seasons. The combination of the service, food and view is unbeatable. When making a reservation ask for a table overlooking the Public Garden (Boston's version of Central Park)

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 03:45 AM
Foodie

Paul means Aujourd'hui in the Four Seasons, not L'Espalier, a small very upscale chef-owned operation which was fantastic some time ago but lately fails to live up to its former reputation. Either would be right at the limit of your $200 budget. Hamersley's is for food, not romance - it's far too crowded and noisy - but oh my what food it is!

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 12:18 PM
paul

Foodie, Thanks for paying attention. Of course I meant Aujourd'hui in the Four seasons. ( had a temporary mind cramp).