Search

NCY theater tickets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2000, 12:19 PM
anne

NCY theater tickets

We are going to be staying very close to Times Square in mid-January and plan to buy some musical tickets 50% off at a TKTS booth. Obviously, we'll be much closer to the Times Square booth. However, I know it will be cold and I've heard the lines are much shorter at the Trade Center. How long would it take me to get to the World Trade Center on the subway? Would it be worth it to make a special trip there for tickets?

Old Dec 16th, 2000, 03:13 PM
Cara

The ticket booth at the World Trade Center is indoors, which is a great feature when standing in line during January. We used the 1/2 price booths during the Thanksgiving week and were able to get great tickets ($45 a piece) for 6 of the very popular shows. The WTC booth opens earlier in the day than the Time Square one. We only used the WTC booth one day and didn't have to wait that long in the Times Square lines. The subway ride doesn't take long and when you're down by the WTC, go take the Staten Island Ferry...it's free and takes you by the Statue of Liberty. Have fun!

Old Dec 16th, 2000, 08:27 PM
anne

Thank you! Can anyone tell me how many minutes to allow for a subway ride from Times Square to the World Trade Center?

Old Dec 17th, 2000, 08:43 AM
Ellen

Please note though that the Trade Center location sells tickets for matinee the NEXT day or that evening.
The Times Square location sells the day of performance only. So, if you arrive at WTC early, expecting to buy a ticket for the matinee performance that day, you will be out of luck. The WTC location is less crowded and of course you wait inside which is much better in inclement weather.
Ellen

Old Dec 17th, 2000, 11:05 AM
howard

The express train shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes, I would guess.
You'll be happy to know that you're going to NYC during one of the slowest periods for the theater, which means you should have a fairly wide choice, especially for weekday performances.