Reload this Page >

Native NewOrleananians Need Restaurant Choice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Molly

Hey Yall! We're a large group of late 30's, early 40's Nawlins natives. We all of course have difft places in mind for a celebratory birthday dinner here in Nawlins. Rather than duke it out we decided to let the Fodorites decide for us. Ok kids let's have your choices! Willing to travel to any part of town. Thanx for all responses!

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 03:55 PM
NorthShore

Alex Patout's in Mandeville. They have a $19.99, 4 course special and a Sunday Brunch that is great.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 05:24 AM
Ron

I'm a foodie, and I've visited New Orleans several times. My first choice would be Bayona -- it's excellent. My other choice would be Brightsen's -- also excellent. Finally, although I'm sure you wouldn't want to go to a tourist trap like Commander's Palace, my wife and I thought it was outstanding.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:34 AM
kim

If I were you I would go to one of the old establishments like Galitoires or Arnauds. Although I love many of the fairly new places like Gamay and Peristyle. Gautreaus is good to. (Sorry about hacking up the names.) I can see how it would be hard to agree. But go to an old establishment. They know how it is done. My mouth is watering just thinking about it all!!!

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 07:47 AM
sb

Defintely DelMonoco (I think that's the name...oldest fine dining rest. first in NYC, Emeril bought it). WONDERFUL, but costly.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 10:24 AM
food

From one Louisiana native to another, skip Galatoire's - and Commander's for that matter. Did both a few months ago and in a side-by-side comparison, they did not stand up to Palace Cafe. They're trading on their names -- food and service are mediocre.