Nashville hotel question

Search

Nashville hotel question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nashville hotel question

I'm going to a convention at the Opryland complex and a friend recommended that I stay at the Lowes Vanderbilt (she gave two thumbs down to the Opryland hotel). Does anyone know approximately how long it would take to travel between the two places? I'm assuming I would cab it. Thanks!
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 12:31 PM

Nashville is not a very public transportation freindly town....Might be hard to find a cab....but that said..it would take 15m-20m to go from Vanderbilt to Opryland (barring traffic, of course)

Lowes Vandy is such a nice place they might have some sort of shuttle to the Opryland area since it's so touristy
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 12:33 PM
MightyIsis

1st -- I second your friend's opinion to stay at Loews Vanderbilt Plaza over the theme-parky and overpriced Opryland Hotel [plus the food's not good there]. There is not much else to do in the vicinity of Opryland Hotel except go to Opry Mills (big new outlet mall) and maybe a country themed wax museum.

Taking a cab from Vanderbilt Plaza out to Opryland for your convention is a good idea. Not sure how much it would cost, it could be a 15-20 minute ride if traffic's moving, or longer of course with traffic. The beauty of it is that if you go out in the morning and come back in the evening, you are really doing the reverse commute, so traffic should not be too bad.

Old Dec 19th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Dan

I agree with the others. Opryland is horrid. I've never stayed at Loews but I love the renovation at the Hermitage Hotel.
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 04:15 PM

Thank god somebody else didn't like the Opryland Hotel. I stayed there 2 nights at $250.00 per night.....what a rip off!
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 03:05 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies. Opryland just sounds horrific too me. I hate being hermetically sealed in convention hotel complexes and this one sounds truly awful. Lowes does have a concierge, so I'll make use of that service to deal with transportation isssues.
Old Dec 21st, 2003, 03:46 AM

I'm sure it won't be difficult to get a cab FROM the Opryland Hotel as I'm sure they wait there for passengers. It's possible that you will have the same ease getting a cab from the Loew's. However, if you are staying for more than 2 days, you might consider renting a car. Car rentals are pretty cheap in Nashville and the ride to the airport is long, as is the ride between the two hotels.