Reload this Page >

Nappa Valley - Where would you stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 1998, 08:47 PM
susan kettren

Will be spending 2 nights midweek in Nappa Valley during late Oct. Any suggestions on a certain town, Bed/Breakfast vs. motel etc... Please help! Thanks.

Old Jun 18th, 1998, 08:10 AM
kam

There are so many choices in the Napa Valley that I would suggest you contact the Chamber of Commerce for a list of B&B's. There are 4 towns you want to consider: Yountville, Rutherford, St. Helena and Calistoga in that order as you drive up into the valley. The Wine Country Inn in St. Helena is very nice and Meadowood Resort is the pricey but very nice resort with golf course, tennis etc. Without knowing your budget it's hard to suggest. They should also have a web site.

Old Jul 1st, 1998, 09:17 AM
M. Pellegrini

We were in Napa in early June and stayed at a fantastic Inn in Yountville-- Petit Logis. They are on the internet, as well. We were very pleased with the location and they provide breakfast at one of 2 great little restaurants in Yountville. I wouldn't recommend Meadowood--WAY too pricey for the amoutn of time you will spend in the room! (I think ours was $150/night).

Old Jul 1st, 1998, 09:03 PM
Erin

We stayed at a great B & B a few years ago called the Country Garden Inn. It had individual cottages, as well as a few room in the main house. Beautiful grounds right on the Napa River. Afternoon tea and a good breakfast. We had a 2-for-1 coupon so the price that way was reasonable. Depending upon the unit I believe the rates are about $150/night (Napa is pricey). Right now it is beautiful there--fun visiting all the wineries,too.

Old Jul 2nd, 1998, 05:30 AM
NapaNed

I personally would stay in San Francisco and do Napa Valley as a day trip. Unless you are very heavy into wine tasting or dislike cities then this could be a logical alternative. Napa valley is a very easy day trip if you don't stop at every winery. We have done it a few times, stopping for lunch and taking our time at a few of the wineries. You can drive it in a loop. I don't have a map in front of me but there is a loop that you can drive that will completely cover the Napa Valley. The Napa Valley is a beautiful area but it can all be done in a pretty easy day trip from San Francisco. There are many other beautiful areas around San Francisco to visit. This is JHMO and is not meant to be contrary to the above message. I am just offering an alternative.

Old Jul 2nd, 1998, 02:28 PM
nuala

Oh, don't miss the Madrona Manor. This late 1900s Victorian(?) mansion has some of the original furniture, palatial rooms (they were doing a photo shoot across the hall, the rooms are so beautiful), gorgeous balconies on which to sip a glass of wine and enjoy the valley at sunset. (Ask for one of the front rooms on the second floor of the main house, with the big balconies). Truthfully, I don't remember whether it's in Napa or Sonoma or the Alexander Valley--I apologize--but it was truly a highlight of our trip. It also has a pool for a quick dip before a sumptuous dinner in the dining room. I felt like the lady of the manor. Only downside: the bathrooms are as ancient as the house: a small price to pay. Very convenient to some wonderful vineyards.

Other suggestions: the Mount View Hotel in Calistoga. Updated, funky, reasonably priced room. Good restaurant, but most of all, superb spa facilities. Hope it helps. And while I agree that it can be done as a day trip, it's really worth staying over, relaxing, and exploring the region. Enjoy! Slainte! Cheers!

Old Jul 4th, 1998, 04:44 AM
Debbie C

My Husband & I spent a gloriously romantic 10 day Honeymoon this past October in the Napa/Sonoma region. We are very discriminating travelers and did alot of research before planning our itinerary.

Please check out our honeymoon "wedsite" which is loaded with our "two thumbs up" recommendations and links. <http://www.sarong.com/honeymoon.htm>

If money is no object, check out the exquisite Auberge du Soleil and Kenwood Inn (Sonoma).

Any questions, email me back!

Enjoy!

Old Jul 4th, 1998, 04:46 AM
Debbie C

My Husband & I spent a gloriously romantic 10 day Honeymoon this past October in the Napa/Sonoma region. We are very discriminating travelers and did alot of research before planning our itinerary.

Please check out our honeymoon "wedsite" which is loaded with our "two thumbs up" recommendations and links. http://www.sarong.com/honeymoon.htm

Our picks: Maison Fleurie in Yountville, Cottage Grove Inn in Calistoga, and Kenwood Inn in Sonoma

If money is no object, check out the exquisite Auberge du Soleil and Kenwood Inn (Sonoma).

Any questions, email me back!

Enjoy!