Napa Valley for Anniversary

May 13th, 1997, 07:55 AM
Meredith Armienti

Napa Valley for Anniversary

Planning to stay up in the Napa Valley for our anniversary weekend in early October. This will be our first time in Napa. Any suggestions as to where to stay? Price is no object. I heard Yountville and St. Helena were nice. All tips would be greatly appreciated

May 14th, 1997, 02:56 AM
Judi

If price is no object there is only one place to stay - that's at the Meadowood in St. Helena. My best friend stayed there - they only stay at 5-star places, so she's seen a lot of the best. I tried get anniversary reservations there myself for the end of this month, but they were sold out. She said the rooms, view, service and food were all incredible! She still talks about it a year later, and believe me, she isn't easily impressed! She and her husband also had a wonderful time driving around the area. For more information, they do appear on the www - check under YAHOO for Meadowood. Also, any travel guide in the bookstore that lists the best places always includes Meadowood.

Enjoy!

Judi in Toronto

May 15th, 1997, 04:58 PM
sharon

I agree about Meadowood, also Auberge de Soleil or the Sonoma Mission Spa..all very high end with great service. Best restaurants IMO, are French Laundry, Tra Vigne, The Restaurant at Domaine Chandon and the hotels above are all top notch food places. One morning have a hot air balloon ride to watch sunrise over the valley, with champagne..or any of the hotels can arrange for a driver for the day to take you to wineries that are no normally open to the public and you can taste all day with no fear. Do it now, you are going right after the vendage and it is jammed there. It's a fabulous time to go but plan ahead.

May 18th, 1997, 08:44 AM
Jean Geiger

I have been on similar Napa search (for our 31st anniversary) and found wonderful website: www.napavalley.com Hope this helps.

Jun 3rd, 1997, 06:22 AM
j

If you would prefer lodging which isn't quite as "grand" as some of the places listed above, Scarlett's County Inn is wonderful. A couple miles outside of Calistoga on the Silverado Trail. Scarlett is an excellent hostess. Very cozy. Must eat at French Laundry and Trilogy.

Jul 8th, 1997, 01:35 PM
Jon

Meredith: Take a ride on the Napa Valley Wine Train. Food is excellent, restored rail cars are classy, and there's wine tasting in the club car on the return trip.

Jul 8th, 1997, 02:17 PM
petrice

I second the votes for Meadowood and Auberge de Soleil. The resaurants you've been given are great choices as well.