Search

NAPA VALLEY

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 05:29 PM
Kathy

NAPA VALLEY

Planning a romantic 4-day weekend in Napa Valley. Need suggestions on where to stay. HELP!!! Thanks.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 11:59 AM
Gail

Since I live so close..haven't stayed here, but here are some ideas to look into. Oak Knoll Inn..pool vineyards..romance or the Blue Violet Mansion.It says in my copy of "The Best Places to Kiss in Northern California" guide, that the owners will let you play Lord and Lady of the Manor (ala Masterpiece Theatre).. Napa Valley Wine Train is a favorite attraction with tourists also. Hope you have a great stay in our area! Gail

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 02:21 PM
kam

Kathy, do a search for Napa on this site. there are tons of suggestions. Without knowing your price range, the most romantic place for me is Auberge du Soleil but there are lots of smaller B&Bs as well. Plan to take a picnic to Chateau Montelena near Calistoga and picnic in their fantastic picnic grove--you'll need to reserve a space ahead, but only so it won't get terribly crowded. You can buy a bottle of their lovely wine to go with the picnic. Gourmet picnics can be purchased at the Oakville Grocery or in St. Helena at the Bakery. Gail, I'm surprised to hear someone who lives near Napa recommend the Wine Train. Most locals hate it! The problem as I see it is that you can't get off the train--you just ride back and forth through the valley.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 09:08 PM
kelly

Auberge du Soleil is VERY expensive and I heard part of it is being remodeled at present.
I agree with Kam about the Wine Train.
Oakville Grocery is on the way to St. Helena and has wonderful picnic lunches.If you are" coffee" people==Best Latte' Napa Valley Coffee Roasting Company, one block west of St. Helena's
main street.
Good Luck

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 09:21 PM
Kathy

Hey fuckers....wazzzzzuuupppppppp!

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 08:04 AM
Caitlin

Hmmm...I'm assuming that last post originated with an eighth-grader on vacation, not with the original poster.

At any rate, whether you can or do stay at Auberge du Soleil or not, it's a terrific place to have a before-dinner drink on the deck--especially around sunset!

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 05:46 PM
kam

Good point, Caitlin. Does everyone think the verbal garbage here increases with summer vacation and schools being out. Too much time on their hands. It was better when they had to help Dad in the fields.