Napa in March - Help ASAP

Old Feb 25th, 1997, 06:23 AM
dan

Napa in March - Help ASAP

Betsy, went to Nappa on my honeymoon last year and had a great time. In calistoga there is a hotel and spa. It's the Golden somthing, we cant remember the exact name(too much wine)it is very well advertised just pick up a tourist guide. We went for the mud bath and it was great! Make a reservation, get a bottle of wine and DO IT. We got there about a half hour early and used the hotels heated pool and whirlpool. A hot air baloon ride looked like fun but was not in our buget.

Old Feb 25th, 1997, 01:59 PM
scott barrow

betsy, calistoga or st.helena (10 miles south of calistoga) is your best bet...there are many tourism guides here in california that will provide you a description/price guide for all the B&B's in that area...you may want to call the chamber of commerce in calistoga, explain to them EXACTLY what your looking for...remeber, march is kind of rainy around here...you can't go wrong with calistoga..there are at least 25-30 wineries within a 30 min drive...

Old Feb 26th, 1997, 07:00 PM
sharon

Have you gone to any of the many winery site on the net.. Napa has one www.freerun.com I believe..There is a gorgeous B&B in St. Helena, can't remember the name but I am sure they advertise on one of the sites. Dinner at michael Chiarellos restaurant is a good idea..also in St. Helena called Tra Vigne..I dream of some of the meals there. Also a place ,called French Laundry. What about a night away from the touristy pace of Napa and go closer to SF to a spectacular B&B in Mill Valley just north of Saulsalito on the way to Muir Woods..On the panoramic highway with gorgeous views,no crowds, great food and of course a day in Muir Woods or the Pointe Reyes seashore..Mountain Home Inn...By the way, Sonoma Valley is more winey and less disneyesque these days...just my opinions. have a great time.

Old Feb 27th, 1997, 04:57 PM
Kim Follien

Betsy, I agree with Sharon. I live in SF, and go to the wine country often. I prefer the Sonoma Valley as well. However, Napa is nice, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. My stepsister and her husband stayed at a B&B in Calistoga called Foothill House, and raved about it. In addition to Sharon's restaurant recommendations, I also recommend Mustards in St. Helena. One other bit of advice-Don't go on the wine train. It's a tourist trap, and not as much fun as visiting the wineries.

Old Mar 3rd, 1997, 07:26 PM
Anne

Betsy, one of the nicest restaurants I've ever been to was in St. Helena this time last year -- Trilogy in St. Helena. Make sure and make use of the wine knowledge of the staff.

This was my first and only (but will go back) trips to this area and I loved it!! I went to both Mustard's (great seared ahi) and Tra Vigne (the marinated olives at the bar!!), but Trilogy was a true treat -- small, initimate and the perfect place for a romantic dinner for two. Have a great time and remember to take advantage of the very laid back atmosphere of all the residents.