Napa and Sonoma

Old Jun 25th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Napa and Sonoma

My girlfriend and I are driving from Carmel to Napa and arriving on a Thursday afternoon. We have 2 half days and want to do one day in Napa and one day in Sonoma. My thought is get to Napa first Sonoma the next day then hit Calastoga for the mud bath. My question is where is a centrally located place to stay to get to both Napa and Sonoma. I am looking for suggestions for an itinerary as well. Should we do a tour or use or car. Thanks for the help and advice. By the time we get to Napa my girlfriend will be my fiancé!!
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 10:46 AM

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement! Are you thinking of going to Sonoma the town? Or the greater Sonoma County wine region? If you are thinking of Sonoma the town and the Sonoma Valley through the Kenwood area and then looping over to Calistoga, then staying in the city of Napa or Yountville or even in the town of Sonoma might be good. It only takes about 30 - 45 min to travel from Calistoga to Napa, depending on the time of day.

There are many places to recommend in Napa Valley, but it depends on the type of experience you are looking for. What type of lodging do you want? How much are you willing to spend? There is an array of choices. Napa Valley has many many fabulous restaurants up and down the small valley, so you could stay almost anywhere in the Napa Valley and easily have a relaxed and enjoyable time.
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice for us it's all about the wine and food.. So we hit wineries ands food in Napa go back to the hotel hit wine and food in Sonoma wine country.. Then off to Calistoga for the mud.
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 12:08 PM

So what sort of lodging do you have in mind? Hard to recommend without knowing.
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 07:08 AM

We have booked the Best Western Elm House in Napa. Top rated by tripadvisor.com... not a typical Best Western.. more like a B&B fireplaces in rooms, great breakfasts, etc.
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 11:01 AM

I highly recommend Della Santina in Downtown Sonoma if you like Italian. Either Lunch or Dinner, be sure to sit in the back yard under the grape vines for atmosphere you can't beat on a beautiful California day or evening. Enjoy!

http://www.dellasantinas.com/