nantucket and marthas vineyard

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doing a driving trip of the east coast islands with my buddy (we are both single hetero)need info on must see or do plans for nantucket and marthas vineyard. will have two to three days on each. any help is appreciated
Old Mar 8th, 2005, 05:39 AM

If you're taking your own car onto Nantucket, the first thing you need to do is make a ferry reservation NOW! As for other info, tell people how old you are and what interests you.
Old Mar 8th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

I'm taking the car to the vineyard and leaving it there. We will most likely be renting a vehicle or taking scooters depending on where we stay in nantucket,(cheaper than the ferry). i'm doing this for my 40th b-day and am up for just about anything
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 10:31 AM

If you rent "scooters" on either island, you're not going to make friends on either island. Get a good bike and rent a car--I've seen more moped accidents and near-misses on the Vineyard than I care to recall. All that being said, you'll have a great time on the Vineyard going to South Beach (assuming your trip is in summer) and hitting the bars in Edgartown and OB. Good music live music and crowd at Hot Tin Roof. Both islands are fairly mellow though when it comes to nightlife, so don't expect too much in that regard.
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 12:44 PM

I'm confused. You're taking a car to MV and leaving it there?? It would be easier and less expensive to leave your car on cape cod. Both Islands are low key. nantucket town has some fun bars, as does MV but nothing wild.
"driving trip of east coast islands?" need more info to be of help.