myrtle beach florist

Old Mar 10th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myrtle beach florist

i'd like to get a recommendation for a nice florist in myrtle beach. i prefer to call & speak with someone to see what's fresh that day & i have specific colors in mind so looking for someone who will arrange rather than copy say ftd design.
tia
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 10:32 AM

When I have been in this need, I google for florists and give them a call. It has always worked out well.
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

can anyone be more specific?
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 04:12 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Virginia, I go through USAA to get their discount. Right now they are using FTD although I think they used Teleflora in the past. Basically, I choose the option that is the florist choice or pick something on the website that looks close to what I'd like and then specify "no substitutions" without prior permission. In both cases I type in my phone number and ask them to call me. I'm guessing that they group up with good florists that have a good history and those are better odds that just picking randomly out of the phone book. It's worked for me. When I've seen "my" flowers or plants at a funeral or hospital room compared to the other arrangements, I've always been pleased. For the last funeral for an extended family member my mom advised me to use the favored florist in that town. I went for the discount through USAA and was very pleased.

I understand what you are wanting though. I have a standard color combination I usually order and I like to talk to the florist person to person. It's fine if they pick what's fresh and looks good from the cooler rather matching a certain FTD design, etc. There's a way to make that happen if you order online.
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 05:07 PM

I agree with starrs. Really, the best thing to do is google local florists, then call some and see who sounds right for you.

What time of year are you coming? I'm a Master Gardener and I can tell you what will be good when.
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

thanks all. i'll make some calls in the am.

suewoo, you are so generous. i'm sending flowers to a new mom, dad & firstborn. new mom is my best friend's daughter. she loves purple & i want to send something special.
i won't get to visit until later this summer. my friend & grandpa are going on monday & the girls plan to go to brookgreen while the boys golf. do you think the delphinium will be in bloom?