Reload this Page >

Myrtle Beach accomodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 06:42 PM
Linda Frankl

We are planning a trip to Myrtle Beach in Sept. Any suggestions on a good hotel or condo on the beach near the attractions? We would like something fairly new with nice CLEAN rooms and lots of amenities. There are so many to choose from so I was hoping for a little hands on experience as to which ones are nice and what to stay away from. Thanks a bunch.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 03:53 AM
linda

Hi Linda, We love Myrtle Beach and feel it's often been given a bad-rap. Depending on your age and what you're looking for, there are two totally different Myrtle Beaches. The younger crowd seems to gravitate towards the city area near the south end, where the hotels are very close on the boardwalk, near the amusement park rides. The families seem to chose the area more towards the middle and north end of Myrtle Beach OR literally - North Myrtle Beach.

The Beaches CAN'T be beat. We've been to nearly every beach on the East Coast - not to start a debate here, but you get tons more for your money at M.B. and have the same clean, wide beaches, wonderful weather, variety of excellent restaurants (yes, buffets and fast food too) and many more shops and misc. amusements than it's close cousin named Hilton Head. Been THERE lots - on business and pleasure - overpriced and snooty - and you're paying for the name. Have a great trip!

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 09:59 AM
James

Linda:
I recommend the Sea Island. Unless you like honky-tonk, I would urge you to stay 20 blocks north or south of highway 501.

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 11:24 AM
Anne

Hi Linda

We stayed at the Sea Watch Resort in April. It's in North MB -- lots of amenities if you're bringing kids. I think there were six pools, 2 lazy rivers, numerous hot tubs. Plus the beach. It was close to Barefoot Landing, restaurant row, the mall and a short drive to Broadway on the Beach and the outlets.

We had a 2 bdrm condo -- new and clean! They have a website which I think is seawatchresort.com.

Enjoy your vacation!

Anne

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 07:49 AM
love2trvl

Hi Linda,
I LOVE Kingston Plantation Vacation Villas run by Embassy Suites. It is located very close to the Beach and it is very easy to get to from the airport. 1-800-EMBASSY or 1-843-449-0006. Enjoy your stay!