Reload this Page >

Myrtle Beach accommodation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 10:47 AM
tyrannulet

There is too much to choose from in the way of accommodations in Myrtle Beach and I am having a hard time. We are planning a golf vacation April 20 - 25 in Myrtle Beach. My husband and I, 21 and 14 yr old sons. Would like an efficiency room oceanfront near Broadway on the Beach [which I hear is alot of fun]. We want to be close to all the action. We would also like alot of amenities ie. pools, game room, etc. Any suggestions on places to stay???

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 11:05 AM
anonymous

It's not on the beach, but the hotels near Broadway on the Beach provide good accomodations and the 21 and 14 year old can be on their own a little. Shops, restaurants, movie theater, mini-golf, 4 or 5 different types of bars (21 year olds love bars, Karaoke, Country, top 40, live band), and it's reasonable. Not too far from the public access points on the beach and no sand in the beds.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 11:46 AM
tyrannulet

Thanks, Anonymous. But we have our hearts set on being at the ocean. I hear the Pavilion is a hot spot for teens too?

Is Coral Beach close? I've heard good and bad about Sea Mist too?

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 12:36 PM
chuck

If you are not absolutely set on something near the Pavillion . . .

You should definitely stay at Kingston Plantation between MB and North MB. It is the best resort in MB, and it is probably a 10-15 minute drive to Broadway at the Beach (at least in April). Also, about 10 minutes North of Kingston Plantation is Barefoot Landing--this is the forerunner to Broadway and not as expansive, but still pretty neat.

Have a great time!

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Cindy

FYI...we stayed at Kingston last fall and it was a HUGE disappointment. One bedroom villa...5 minutes from the beach, which was reallllly dirty and had been very poorly maintained. We had maintenance people with ladders up to our windows (blinds torn up) at 8:30 a.m. Imagine my surprise...eye to eye with that first thing in the morning. They were staring in the window and pounding on the roof....further disgust! I would be hesitant to recommend this place to anyone. We got the impression that they didn't care how much we complained. It was awful.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 04:25 PM
tyrannulet

Thanks Cindy. I have read quite a bit both good and not so on the Kingston. And I don't think it is what I am looking for. We want something right in the heart of everything for our first visit, and on the beach. I am thinking Coral Beach or Holiday Inn Oceanfront? We absolutely cannot wait, but I would hate to be hugely disappointed with what we book, so am looking for help online. The Sea Mist had so so reviews also.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 06:27 AM
chuck

Cindy,

I hope you complained to the Better Business Bureau about your Kingston Plantation disaster.

As you know, KP is a very large resort with a variety of accomodations, from Ocean-Front rooms to villas a little further inland. You certainly should have been informed that you were booking a place 5 minutes walk to the beach.

In reviewing this board for over a year now, this is the first negative comment I have seen for Kingston Plantation. I hope MB's best resort is not going down hill.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 06:40 AM
kayla

Forget the Sea Mist; ratty and rundown.
The Patricia Grand is close to the Pavilion, though. Can't remember about the Coral Beach. But definitely do go to Broadway at the Beach while you're there; it's super.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 06:47 AM
JC

You could also try the breakers. It's older, but still nice.

If you do the Patricia Grand, make sure to ask for the main location, not the NORTH location or it will be too far.