My weekend in New York - trip report

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Vita

My weekend in New York - trip report

Just got back from my weekend in New York. We stayed at the Casablanca Hotel on 43rd and Broadway. I'd highly recommend it. Great location, quiet, and a very gracious staff. Saw The Goat with Sally Field and, sad to say, I was not impressed. We enjoyed post-theatre drinks at the revolving rooftop restaurant at the Marriot on Times Square. Other than that, we just walked around and took in New York City. Happy to answer any questions.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 07:42 PM
chloe

can you give any addtional info about the revolving restaurant at the Marriott? How expensive were the drinks,
were you able to sit by the windows,was ithe view/service worth the cost?
I'm curious because I'm headed there next month.Any advice appreciated. thanks

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 03:21 AM
Vita

We were not right next to the window, but we could still see the view. I walked up to the window at one point and there was a ledge below so I don't think we would have been able to see the street or any more of a view if we were seated right next to the window. There was a $9 dessert bar and a $19 buffet that we didn't take advantage of. Yes it was a little pricey but I thought worth the cost if you're just planning on having a drink or two. There was a $6 cover and a one drink minimum. I can't remember the cost but I want to say maybe around $8 or so depending on what you order. I think there were some drinks that might have been more like $15. It was a little noisy because there was music and a dance floor. There was also a line to the express elevator that took you to the top. I can't remember how long I was in line. Maybe 20 minutes? The restaurant was on the floor below us and I don't know how much any of that cost. I just really wanted a place with atmosphere where I could feel like I was in New York. Coming from DC where skyscrapers art prohibited, I appreciated the view. I don't know if I'd do it again but I'm glad we went.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Judy

The name of the restaurant is the View. (212) 704-8900.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 01:19 PM
chloe

thank you ladies.