My kid wants to know....

Nov 16th, 2001, 09:00 AM
Stressed Out

My kid wants to know....

Do people start putting up Christmas decorations in the southern United States first, or does the tradition start in the Midwest and work its way south? And if California starts their after Christmas sales before New York does, then will Wisconsin make more cheese or more kringles? And if it snows in Montana but not in Ohio, then will Santa start delivering presents first in Utah or go the other way and start in Maine?

Nov 16th, 2001, 09:03 AM
Santa

I think I'm going to give your kid some Ritalin.

Don't forget to leave the cookies!!

Nov 16th, 2001, 09:04 AM
NoKidPosts

Dear Stressed Out,
WILL YOU PLEASE go the the other parent board. This is a TRAVEL forum for REAL events and discussions. I'm sure you'll have a parent on the other board who will talk endlessly about their little Susy and how she dealt with Santa. Please post intelligent and travel related issues only.

Nov 16th, 2001, 09:06 AM
Too Easyforme

Maine, definitely Maine. But, and here's the biggie, if it snows in Tennessee and NOT in Illinois, then Santa eats the cookies and drinks the milk first, THEN he delivers the goodies, starting on the left and working his way to the right.

Nov 16th, 2001, 09:07 AM
Big Elf

to nokidsposts, just how do you think Santa gets around, anyway? He TRAVELS, you silly.

And if you are very sweet, he will give you presents, too, and I bet you are an adult.

Nov 16th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Oprah

Well, if California starts its sales first, then, of course, there will be a need for more kringles. I think Northwest flies into Wisconsin--that would be my advice. Definitely, go that way. Regarding the decorations, you will have to post that under its own heading--I believe you will get better advice that way. I personally leave mine up all year long since I never could figure out who goes first. Good luck.

Nov 16th, 2001, 09:27 AM
Laura

The decorations aren't as important as you might think. Therefore, I think more cheese is what is needed. On sale. Cheap cheese. And Santa has never once started in Maine. Where do you get your information?

Nov 16th, 2001, 10:30 AM
Santa's little helpers

Well obviously we start in Lapland, work our way round Europe, then nip across "the pond" and do the East Coast (not telling you how exactly but almost in one go!) then we "sweep" across from there, generally ending in some nice, warm resort area where we breakfast on the beach, before returning north. Okay?

Nov 16th, 2001, 10:38 AM
curious

And what does Santa have for breakfast? (assuming Wisconsin is making more cheese than kringle)

Nov 16th, 2001, 10:41 AM
pigglywiggly

the truth is that the crackers down South never take down their decorations...they just unplug them in the summer

hey, I'm not complaning...it saves work

Nov 16th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Santa's little helpers

Well. firstly he likes freshly squeezed ... orange juice (brought with us from Florida of course), then some bacon (from Wiltshire, England), eggs, fresh from any available hens in passing (he does like them fresh!), sausages (brought from Germany), fried bread, mushrooms, tomatoes (NOT sun dried, he HATES them) a little dollop of Heinz tomato ketchup - all washed down with a large mug of coffee (instant!)

Nov 16th, 2001, 11:12 AM
ttt

ttt

Nov 16th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Big Time

Since when does California start its Christmas sales before New York? No, no, that is not how it works. Besides, everyone knows the biggest deals to be found are in Chicago. Then Wisconsin follows, then New York, in that order. That's why Santa starts in Utah and goes backward. Geesh. And, I know for a fact that he has breakfast EVERY year in Florida. It's the juice.

Nov 16th, 2001, 07:47 PM
cracker

Hey Pig, We don't unplug them... if they're not lit, it's because they burned out years ago.

Nov 17th, 2001, 12:11 AM
Mike Hocksbigg

NoKidPosts....you are an idiot

why do you consider it necessary to monitor these boards and harass people?

Do you actually think anyone follows your requests? NO! Quit visiting this board if it bothers you so much