My Baseball Journey

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 05:59 AM
Matt

My Baseball Journey

In 2001, i will be going to every Major League Baseball Stadium. Regardless of the schedules, which route would you take if you went to all of the stadiums, starting in Cleveland?

Thanks,
Matt Lupica

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 12:32 PM
Ben

I assume that Fenway Park will be one of the highlights of your trip! Because Fenway is so small, it tends to sell out games during the latter part of the season, especially if the team is doing well-case in point, this season. I think there are only 5 or so home games this season with tickets left. I would come to Fenway early in the season, especially April and May because good tickets are easier to come by. Hope this helps---I wish I had the time to do a trip like this!

Old Aug 18th, 1998, 07:01 PM
tom

Matt, Sounds like a great idea!! This would be a good way to see the country ( at least the ball parks) and if enough people out there are cool with this, you could probably get a couple of folks to share expenses. Sorry I can't help with the info you requested, at this time, but I just wanted to congratulate you on your great idea.

Old Aug 20th, 1998, 06:36 AM
Matt

It should be a lot of fun. Since I will be 18 in 2001, it should be A LOT of fun. I plan on keeping a journal of everyday, what i thought of each stadium and so on, and then i'm going to talk to a few publishers to see if they can publish my book. I'm going to name it: MY BASEBALL JOURNEY. i would like to thank all of you who posted on this message board with encourgment for me. It is much appreciated

Thanks Again,
Matt Lupica

Old Aug 20th, 1998, 01:17 PM
dan

Sounds fun. Maybe end with Milwaukee, Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Detroit. I know Milwaukee can be pretty cool and rainy early in the season, and then you can head back to Cleveland. Make sure to eat a bratwurst for me in Milwaukee. Amazingly though, it is not legal to drink the beer there at 18!

Old Aug 21st, 1998, 05:32 AM
mary

camden yards is Baltimore is one of the best parks out there....you will love it......but the drinking age in MD is 21 as well!! enjoy - and in Baltimore there is a "scalp-free" zone which is the best way to get good seats on game day.

Old Aug 21st, 1998, 05:57 AM
BBBobby

Matt:

As a fellow baseball fanatic, I congratulate you on your venture. What you need to do is get a schedule and a US map ( Canada too ) and start laying the trip out. It will probably take you until 2001 to get it all mapped out. You can access just about every team on line now. To give you an example ,try the San Francisco Giants at: www.sfgiants.com. You will get all the information you will need and you can purchase your tickets on line. Try to avoid the bad weather areas in April and May. This would be Chicago, New York, Boston, etc. These all have open stadiums so rain outs ( snow maybe ) can be a problem. It may be wise to do the California teams in April and May as the weather should be pretty good. Tickets are always harder to get during July and August. If you order far enough ahead, then you should be OK. BTW, there are many great baseball sites on the internet. Just do a search for "baseball" and you will come up with many.

Enjoy

Old Aug 21st, 1998, 07:07 AM
Matt

Once again, i appreciate all the responses i've gotten. It may very well take me until 2001 to plan it out, but that's ok. Since I have school until June 6 2001 (when i graduate), i plan on leaving for Pittsburgh's PNC Park (The new stadium in 2001) on June 11, 2001. And I want to end in Cleveland, so i can go home after that and sleep for a week Anyway, if any of you want to ask me more questions about this or if you want to know more details, feel free to e-mail me. I need to ask all of you a question: When my book "My Baseball Journey" is published, would any of you consider buying it?

Thanks,
Matt Lupica

Old Aug 21st, 1998, 01:45 PM
Adam Rosa

There is a book out about traveling to baseball stadiums...I forget the name, but our local library had it in the travel section...I think it was written in 1995, and also covers minor league, and historical baseball sites...you may want to check it out...

Old Aug 25th, 1998, 04:59 PM
Matt

OK Adam, I will. In the next few days i will be listing the order of my route (city to city). if you think some need to be changed, let me know.

Thanks,
Matt Lupica