"Must-Go" Restaurants in Seattle?

Jun 4th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

"Must-Go" Restaurants in Seattle?

My wife and I are taking a quick weekend trip to Seattle. We have two nights and three days. We are staying at the Grand Hyatt.

Can anyone recommend a couple of "must-go" restaurants? If you had two nights, where would you go?

Thanks,
FoodieFromSF
Jun 6th, 2005, 06:19 AM

We liked Elliott's (mostly seafood)and Anthony's - right on the waterfront. We also liked a restaurant which is right across the street from the Westin - I can't remember the name but it boasts the best macaroni & cheese and they were right. But, if you get the mac and cheese, plan on sharing it or else eating only that for your meal - the portion is huge! They have other great menu items as well and the place is furnished with beautiful glassware. If you want a nice place for lunch, go to the Nordstrom's Grill located in Nordstrom's downtown. They have great soup, salads, sandwiches and pizza - and eat one of their wonderful coconut macaroons for me!! Skip the Three Coins Restaurant - it's a Seattle institution (or so I was told) but we found it dark, dreary, and didn't care for the food.
Jun 6th, 2005, 06:23 AM

With or without car?
Jun 6th, 2005, 08:12 AM

Since you're a foodie from the Bay Area, you don't want to miss our on experience great Basque cuisine at the Harvest Vine on East Madison (http://thescarletmacaw.com/harvest_vine.htm), a quick taxi ride from your hotel. Basque chef Joseba (San Sebastian-Donostia) is rated as one of the top Spanish chefs in the country by Spain Gourmet Tour Magazine, is a contributor to Food and Wine Magazine and was recently nominated to the James Beard Society.
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:21 AM

My absolute favorite restaurant in Seattle is Le Pichet, but I also really like Cafe Campagne. Although I know some people tend to look down on Tom Douglas' places, I really like the Dahlia Lounge, particularly the coconut cream pie!
Jun 6th, 2005, 06:40 PM

I just returned from a week in Seattle- from the SF Bay Area. I would go to the Harvest Vine- no reservations and Crush in the same general area- reached by the #28 bus from downtown.Crush is a new restaurant- excellent food - a bit fancy and pricey for Seattle. Also very good is Lark- Lunch you can hit Matts at the Market for late lunch- great fish casual. Don't miss an architectural tour of the new Seattle Public Library. Enjoy!Also check out chowhound.com for a chat board all about food! beth48 rx ordinary places!
Jun 6th, 2005, 09:38 PM

Duke's on Lake Union has the BEST seafood in Seattle. Eat on the deck if it's sunny, watch the yachts and seaplanes, avoid the loud music indoor. If you don't appreciate the music, you waiter will turn it down for you.
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:15 PM

Mainly because I've met both executive chefs and think they're great people as well as inspired in the kitchen, for the two dinners I'd choose Assagio on Fourth, very walkable from the Hyatt (Italian, duh) and Elliott's on the central waterfront. I also like Lark, Le Pichet, Matts and some of the other places listed (have not yet been to the Harvest Vine) I also like some places where the food may not be the world's best, but the view, or the intimacy, or the surroundings more than compensate. For instance, the tiny Place Pigalle in the Pike Market has some tables with wonderful sunset views, and good to excellent food. Ditto Chez Shea in the Market. Or take the ferry to Bainbridge and walk 10 minutes to the Harbour Public House for an excellent burger and beer, sitting on the deck overlooking the ferry system boneyard at Eagle Harbor. Or Campagne at the Pike Market, or the very fun Asian food court at Uwajimaya Village in the International District. Or, if you have a car, go explore our suburban hinterland and find your way to Cafe Juanita, simply a wonderful restaurant in a converted 1950s rambler a couple of blocks from Juanita Beach on the northeast shore of Lake Washington. Bring money and smelling salts, for after you faint from bliss.