Mt. Washington Hotel - NH

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any personal experience? My DH's family is looking into sending his parents there for a 60th anniversary get away in September. They are simple in tastes so I am worried about the dinner jacket requirement. I also checked tripadvisor and some bad, need of repair mentions. Any feedback?
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 02:04 PM

I stayed there last summer for work. There are other restaurants to eat at so I wouldn't worry about the jacket requirement. It's a pretty place but I thought the food overall was average at best.
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 05:51 AM

We haven't stayed at the Mt Washington but stayed at the Mountain View in Whitefield. I thought my husband wanted to stay at one of the grand hotels but he has simple tastes and refused to use valet parking, didn't want an expensive meal, and only seemed to enjoy the room that showed photos of the renovations. It's possible your in-laws might prefer something not quite so 'grand'. We don't golf. It wasn't the place for us.
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 06:04 AM

We ate lunch with a Fall Leaves Tour group at this hotel. It is a very attractive hotel and has beautiful scenery in the fall months. Food was good.

- Granny Joan
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

M-i-l insists she always dreamed of staying there, and f-i-l is adamant about no jacket at dinner. We are waiting to get the final go ahead from DH's family (7 siblings).
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 09:08 AM

Will they have a car? There is another more casual restaurant at the hotel and plenty of other good places in easy driving distance. The public areas of the hotel are beautiful and very old fashioned. The huge wrap around porch is the best feature. The views are stunning. The rooms themselves are somewhat dated. I think if you can fulfill someone's lifelong wish, you should do it.
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

They do live in MA and will be driving up, meeting her sister and her husband from Vermon there. They have been in the area many times and have toured the place, but never stayed there. Thanks for all the feedback.