Search

Move to Annapolis?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 03:43 PM
Christy

Move to Annapolis?

Hello. I've been reading everything I can about Annapolis and it sounds like a great place to live. I've come across an incredible job oppty I'd like to explore in Annapolis. Can anyone tell me about the city, the people, things to do, cost of living, job market? My boyfriend and I are in our late 20s and into arts, outdoors, travelling, music, and yes, bars and pubs! Do you think it sounds like we'd "fit" there? Thanks in advance for any thoughts,
Christy

Old Oct 24th, 1999, 01:47 PM
steve

Christy,
You'd be a half hour from Balto. and 45 min. from D.C. so thatmay come in handy. Annapolis is a cute town with only average dining and nightlife. The downtown areas can be pricey to live in and crowded on the weekends in the summer due to their rich heritage. The surrounding "suburbs" have alot of traffic and little character. The nautical areas on the bay can be quite beautiful. And you'll be enjoying possibly the finest crabmeat in the world. Also a 2 hour or so drive to the ocean.

Old Oct 25th, 1999, 08:22 AM
diane

This is a really cool place to live. There are a lot of potential places to live that aren't run of the mill suburban -- it just takes some exploring to find what suits you and your pocketbook. You should probably take a weekend to visit and plan to drive around to check it out. Many folks live in Annapolis and commute to DC or Baltimore (or other Maryland suburbs). To live and work there would be quite nice.

Old Oct 25th, 1999, 12:37 PM
lisa

Christy -- I live in DC and have been to Annapolis to visit but have never lived there. It seems like a very livable city and I think for a city its size it has better-than-average restaurants, bars, and shopping. Plus it's a very attractive city. Its location is definitely an advantage since it's not far from other cities on the east coast with more going on if it starts feeling too small for you -- Baltimore and DC have a lot to do and are close enough for frequent day trips. Sounds like a pretty good fit, although it may depend in part on where you live now and what you're used to, and how it would compare with that.

Old Oct 26th, 1999, 04:57 AM
charles seltzer

Living in town of Annapolis might be a little trying there are no grocery stores and everything revolves around the Naval Academy schedule. Many tourist visit there so prices are set high. Try Baltimore area (Federal Hill area) much more to do and cultural activities, it is a short commute on route 97 straight shot to Annapolis.