Reload this Page >

Mountainview rooms-- 4S Maui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 10:06 AM
xxx

Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms? Is the view terrible? Are they noisy? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Kristin

Sorry I can't help with your question, but I was also wondering what mountainview rooms are like in Wailea. I have a reservation for a mountainview room at the Outrigger. (I live on the coast, so I'm more interested in the volcano than the ocean!) Any opinions of mountainview rooms in Wailea would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 04:43 PM
gyppeilou

I've never been able to book one since they are the first room to go when people return and want a deal...only thing is they don't upgrade whereas the gardenrooms usually will if they can...it is the greatest deal to stay at the greatest hotel on the island and if oceanview is not a priority than I'd say book it

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 12:06 AM
Ted

Question to "gyppeilou-- Since at one time you had the Ocean View Prime room, just how "prime" was it, considering that this expensive, premium view is actually on the SIDE of the building? Thanks!

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 01:30 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 10:49 AM
xxx

Thanks for the responses. Has anyone out there actually stayed in one of these rooms at the 4S?

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 11:27 AM
ellen

we stayed in a mountainview room with the 4 seasons room with a view package, and truly it was a room without a view. the view was actually of the tarmac above the garage, I think. I also read that these rooms are of a somewhat different configuration than the other rooms, although we found the room and bathroom very roomy. we never saw the other rooms, as the chambermaids go into a room, close the door and do their cleaning. No way to take a peak.
btw, the room was not noisy, and we kept the shades drawn so we didn't look at the non-view, and therefore didn't use the lanai. that being said, for the price, it was an excellent value.
Hope this helps.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 10:02 PM
gyppielou

ted

Our first stay we went for ocean prime which was lovely but actually overlooked the entrance....if you're doing a oneshot deal it was lovely, but quite a walk to the pool. We are now happy with any view or room. We just love the resort, so if it isn't important to spend an hour at sunrise or sunset seeing views from your lanai, i would recommend booking the best deal you can and spending the savings at Spago, which was wonderful on the two nights we ate there///gl