Search

Motels outside DFW

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Anita

Motels outside DFW

I'd like to stay in a motel in the country when I visit DFW. Can anyone recommend a decent, safe, small town with inexpensive motels (such as Motel 6) that would be in a rural setting, but not too far from the touristy stuff in the metro? I'd be willing to drive about an hour to get to the city. Thanks!

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Local

I

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 08:33 AM
connie

Are you flying or driving in?

If you are flying in to DFW you might want to stay north of Dallas in Lewisville.

If you are driving in from the east, Sulphur Springs is about an hour and Greenville is about 30 minutes to Dallas.

From the South, Waxahachie or Cleburn.

Granbury is very nice and a little further west.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 03:49 AM
Anita

Thanks, Connie! I've heard a lot about Granbury and Waxahachie, so they're both definitely a consideration. I haven't heard much about the other towns, so I'll do a little research to see what I find.

By the way, I'm planning on driving.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Connie

From which direction?

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Anita

I'll be driving from Northern Illinois. I plan to drive all around the outside of the metro area, from Denton to Weatherford, down and around, and back up on the East side. I want to see the towns around DFW as well as the metro area. That's why I'm pretty open to where I stay, I just prefer the smaller towns.