Most Romantic Restaurant on Maui

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 04:39 PM
Marie

Most Romantic Restaurant on Maui

Still trying to decide on the place for our 20th anniversary dinner. Torn between a few we have heard great things about, looking for opinions.

Plantation House Restaurant
Carelli's on the Beach
Swan Court
Nicks Fishmarket
Humuhumunukunukuapua'a
Kula Lodge

Looking for great food, an awesome view/ambiance. Other suggestions welcome as well.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 01:08 AM
melissa

I can recommend the restuarant overlooking the ocean at the Kapalua Bay hotel. We stayed their on our honeymoon - be sure to book an oceanview table at sunset. Very special.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 08:44 AM
Sandy

The Plantation House has great food, excellent staff and an elegant ambiance, but (if you didn't know) it is located in the clubhouse of the golf club up in the hills at the Plantation Estates just above Kapalua so it's not on the beach, but it does have wonderful views overlooking the fairways to the ocean; I've heard that Carelli's is closed but there may be another restaurant there by the time you arrive; Humuhumu at the Grand Wailea is excellent also, but when you reserve mention that it's your anniversary to request an outside rail table versus an interior table and you'll probably need to reserve early in the evening to be in anyway assured of a water-front table (if they will), but it's worth it. It's an open-air resturant built on stilts over the lagoon, you can see the fish swim below you when you look over the rails. I don't know about the others you mentioned...

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 10:10 AM
lhp

Mama's Fish House in Paia is our favorite - wonderful view and great food. It's a little pricy though.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 10:58 AM
Laurie

SeaWatch Restaurant in the Gold Course Clubhouse at Wailea is definitely worth considering. Carelli's is now located in Lahaia - opened late Dec.

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 11:21 AM
Jackie

Mama's FishHouse in Paia is Awesome. Sensei in Kapalua is great too.

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 11:50 AM
tk

Both Mama's and Swan Court offer
a special dining experience and romance.
We had our wedding dinner at the Swan
Court and were treated wonderfully, including a last minute request for a wedding cake. Formal, yet pretty, and the food is delicious.
Mama's is more casual but the food is
spectacular.
At Mama's request a window table, at the Sawn Court request a ponda table.

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 07:03 PM
Frank

THE BAY CLUB at Kapalua Bay.....went there on my honeymoon and my wife and I still talk about it. Great food. Looks out on the water with a GREAT view of the sunset. Be sure you reserve it. Have fun

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 06:43 PM
Barbara

You don't have Gerard's (Lahaina) on your list, but of all the restaurants we visited last year it was without a doubt the most romantic! No fabulous views, or views at all, but sooo romantic. (And I was there with my kids! I'd love to go back with a grown up guy!!)Also wonderful food and the best service I've had anywhere. We sat inside and it was lovely, but there are tables on the verandah and, I think, in the garden. I think I would ask for the verandah next time, although my 15yr old son would want exactly where we were before. We are planning to go back this year.

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Sue

We had a wonderful, romantic dinner at the Seasons Restaurant in the Four Seasons Resort in Wailea recently. We sat outside on a balcony overlooking palm trees and the ocean, watching the sunset. Food and service were great.