Reload this Page >

Most memorable moments on Maui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 07:59 AM
Mary

Looking for those memorable moments you will remember forever. Was it an activity? A restaruant??? A beach????

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 09:27 AM
xxx

Enjoying a romantic evening in our private hottub overlooking the ocean at the Hana Resort...just incredible.

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 10:26 AM
Tammy

Being right next to a mother whale and her baby.

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 10:44 AM
Sam

Whale watching on a caterman in January.

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 12:15 PM
e

Snorkeling allover the island, from Kapalua Beach to Ahi-hi.

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 01:07 PM
sammie

Having a great dinner in Wailea and watching the gorgeous sunset from out table.

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 01:58 PM
xxx

Watching the cliffdivers at sunset at the Sheraton Hotel while drinking mai tais at the poolside bar.

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 06:11 PM
Jan

Went last year. Can't stop thinking about Maui.
Our most memorable moment is sitting on our Lanai each morning watching the sunrise and rainbows while smelling the delicious bacon sizzling from our condo..(DH cooked breakfast each morning).. Another favorite moment was sitting on the beach at night looking at the clear star filled skies... (BEAUTIFUL) listening to the waves on the beach....
Can't wait to get back!!!

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 07:38 PM
T

The private hottub in Hana sounds incredible. I'll have to check that out the next time I make it to Maui.

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 07:47 PM
shellie

Experiencing snorkeling for the first time, and seeing the underwater world.

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 07:49 PM
shellie

My second most memorable moment was a special treat at the end of a beautiful bike ride down Haleakala, with Aloha Bike tours.

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 09:02 PM
e

It was definatly staying in Laurie's Condo. Oh, I'm sorry I thought you said most horrible memory.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 07:15 AM
edie

playing scrabble in the ritz carlton bar on a rainy day. it was one of many rainy days, so we made the best of it.

tho i wasn't as enthralled w/maui as many people seem to be, there were a lot of nice parts to those 5 days.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 07:36 PM
sue

My wedding on the beach in Maui at
sunset

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 08:39 AM
cat30

Finding the Red Sand beach (clothing optional) and swimming in a delightful little, warm cove with nothing on, getting pushed around a bit by some gentle waves, then going up onto the sand to sun a while. (Although it is a bit drizzly there off and on--no guarantee of sun).

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 08:48 AM
Dick

Standing above the clouds watching the sunrise on Mt Haleakala..before beginning our descent on bikes.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 03:20 PM
traveler

Going snorkelling near Makena and floating in the water about an arm's length away from a sea turtle, eye to eye. My what big teeth they have!

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 09:43 AM
Lynn

Our wedding in front of the Iao Needle in 1991. Ten minutes before the ceremony, three busloads of Japanese tourists pulled into the parking lot. We panicked, thinking they'd be noisy and wouldn't respect the ceremony. But they cooperated beautifully, fell into a hush as the Justice of the Peace began, and broke into wild cheering and applause at the end when he said, "You may kiss the bride!" We were laughing so hard we could barely kiss, and who knows how many photo albums our pictures went into, as the cameras were clicking wildly! The LAST thing these people expected to see that day at a state park was a wedding--I think they were almost as happy as we were! We're returning to Maui this year to celebrate our tenth anniversary--"returning to the scene of the crime," as we say!

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 11:28 AM
Beth

Most memorable moments in Maui.....watching the sun come up on top of Haleakala, sitting on the beach and watching the whales, the drive to Hana and swimming in the waterfall on the way! Maui is my favorite Island so far (been to Oahu, Maui and the Big Island).