More places not to miss in Utah

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2009, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We took a trip last year with much insight from this site to Utah. We went to Zion, Bryce and drove to Capital Reef back to Zion before flying out of LV. Now we wish to return and see what it is that we missed. We would like to see the Grand Canyon (N or S?), Lake Powell/Page, Canyonlands, Moab, Monument Valley. We found Meste Verde very interesting but don't want to be rushed from place to place. I prefer to fly in and out of the same city, usually cheaper car rental. We do the easy to mod hikes and enjoy just relaxing too. On our return last year we stayed a second time in Zion at the Desert Pearl Inn on our return to LV and just chilled. Couldn't be beat. I wouldn't mind stopping by there for a night either!! I don't want to do too much in the time we have which is flexible 10-14 days. Any ideas?? I have been reseaching the area and I know there are a million things we could do..just trying to narrow down an intinerary with the help of those more knowledgeable than I am!!
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 09:37 AM

Hi Allison,

With your 10 - 14 days you can cover the places you mention without rushing. It might work best to fly in to LV and out SLC or the reverse. When are you going? If spring, better hurry with those res.
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 05:20 PM

Look into flying in and out of Denver. We got a flight that landed there in the mid morning and drove across Colorado to Moab UT before dark. The ride through the mountains was beautiful. In Moab you can spend lots of time in both Arches and Canyonlands then drive south an stop at Natural Bridges then down to Monument Valley and over to Page for time at Glen Canyon and a stop in to Antelope Canyon. From there you could go to Grand Canyon and then head east. You might hit Canyon de Chelley or If you go down to I 40 you could stop at Petrified Forest on the way back, pick up 25 in Albuquerque and head for Santa Fe and Taos Pueblo or go over to Bandelier and up to Denver. There are lots of other neat places in the area.
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I guess my biggest job is deciding a route as to not be backtracking too much. Off to check airfare and car rental prices!
Old Feb 1st, 2009, 11:19 AM

I really like Lake Powell. Check out Antelope Canyon while you're in the area.