Reload this Page >

More Disney questions

Search

More Disney questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 11:03 AM
Ann

More Disney questions

I have been reading on different websites and in the Unofficial Guidebook that many people carry to the parks an extra set of dry clothing to have available after getting excessively wet from rides, fountains, rainstorms. I want to be prepared but don't want to be hunchbacked from a lot of baggage. I know it will be hot and the girls (both 9) and we will want to cool off, but won't the good old Fla. sunshine dry you out soon enough? Are dry socks enough? Do you carry ponchos? What do you do?

We are staying at the Carribean Beach Resort and will not have a car available. Our one granddaughter is a BIG milk drinker. Is there a place at the hotel to buy 1/2 gallon of milk to keep in the refrig we have arranged for? Also, it sounds like like the refillable mugs are a good deal. Is it a one-time $9 charge that is good for the length of your stay?

Thanks,
Ann

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 12:21 PM
David

1. I bought my $3 ponchos before I went, however, there not terribly expensive at WDW. Not sure there if they're necessary in the summer since there's only a couple of rides where you get very wet.
2 Refillable mugs are a good idea but I'm not sure if milks qualifies
3. Enjoy!

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 12:27 PM
Noach

WDW does not allow the sale of milk products in any of their properties. Milk promotes growth in bones of small children and they are afraid that if children continue to grow, they will not come back to the park when they are older.

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 01:44 PM
pat

On our last visit our refillable cups worked triple time. After we woke up a couple of us went to the snack area and filled them up with our morning coffee and milk. We ate breakfast in the room and then rinsed the cups out and filled them with ice to take with us to the park. That provided cool drinks all morning until we returned for a swim or rest at which time we filled them up again with soft drinks. We would always refill with ice before we went to the pool or back to the parks etc. A late night snack of microwave popcorn {brought from home} and soft drinks in our refillable cups put us to bed most nights. The cost of the mug is one time and if you are like us , it pays for itself in one day. We have never had trouble getting milk at the resorts but I remember it only coming in quarts. I agree with you that the Florida sun will keep you dry on most days. I enjoy the opportunity to get wet and the evaporation keeps you kind of cool. We do carry ponchos in our backpack in case of a monster rainstorm. We buy them at the dollar store before we leave home and bring a couple of extra in case something happens to one.

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 04:02 PM
Cindy

Ann, I'll assume you are going in the summertime. In that case, I wouldn't bring ponchos or rain gear to the park. I would use the space in my day pack for one of those water squirter bottles with the fan attached. We had one for every other person in our party, and there were times when I thought it was the only thing that saved us from the heat last summer. We got such an early start that by the time the afternoon storms came we were already worn out and headed back to the hotel.

By the way, you didn't ask this, but I'll say it anyway. The touring plans in the Unofficial Guide were very helpful.

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 08:16 PM
Noach

The above post attributed to me was a forgery.

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 12:12 PM
Mark

The $9 mugs are a good deal. OInly refillable at your resort. We too filled before the parks, when we came back aat lunch for a pool break and then in the evening before going out again. They aren't that big however.

Fortunately we had a little one and a stroller along that allowed us to carry bags and cameras in the back of it. That sun does beat down hot! Milk will nto qualify for the mugs. Only soda fountain drinks. Milk you must buy by the small carton.

As for buying a gallon, who are you being trasnferred from the air port by? If you have your own persoanl transfer, like Tiffany Towncar, they do a 20 minute grocery stop for you.

Mark
www.enjoyyourtravel.com