Reload this Page >

Montreal in February

Search

Montreal in February

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 1997, 07:09 AM
Laura

Montreal in February

My husband and I are thinking of going to Montreal at the end of February. Any thoughts on the weather? We hear it's beautiful, but cold. We were thinking of driving there--from New Jersey. Bad idea? Any advice would be appreciated.

Old Nov 20th, 1997, 03:34 PM
Donna

Montreal is beautiful and it will be very cold. Be sure to dress for this so you can be out and about in relative comfort. If you stay in the downtown area, you can leave your car in the hotel garage and use the subwayl. Montreal has an extensive "underground" which makes it possible to dine, shop, go to the movies, etc. without having to endure the weather outside. And, the taxis are quite plentiful and reasonably priced. Along with Fodors, the Access Guide to Montreal & Quebec is an excellent resource. If you do drive there from NJ, the drive through Vermont will be absolutely gorgeous. Because of the favorable exchange rate, you can live it up quite reasonably in Montreal. The restaurants are fabulous and the food is really wonderful. Highly recommend the restaurant at Hotel de la Montaigne if you want a romantic "French" dining experience. They usually have wonderful live music in the cocktail lounge off the lobby as well. But, there are lots and lots of choices.

Old Nov 21st, 1997, 03:24 AM
Simon Fong

Valentine Day in Montreal.

I will be in Montreal for Valentines and I was wondering if there is anyone out there that might know of a very romantic Italian restaurant that I may be able to make reservations at.

Old Nov 21st, 1997, 06:40 AM
Ram Parameswaran

The best route to Montreal from Jersey is up the Parkway to the NY State Thruway to 87 North. It's a five hour drive from the NYS border, but it's a very easy all highway drive- and very safe during bad weather- they're used to it up there. There are frequent rest stops or you can stop along the way in Saratoga Springs or Lake George. Montreal is a very chic city and has a European charm to it. It will be bitterly cold in February, but still worth checking out. The underground system is extensive.
Currency is also favorable. Enjoy your trip.

Old Nov 22nd, 1997, 06:43 PM
jj

Laura: You might consider taking the train instead of driving. I think Amtrak has a train called the Adirondack going from NYC to Montreal; they might also have hotel packages. We were in Montreal last month and stayed at the Queen Elizabeth. Didn't rent a car but bought a 3-day Touristique pass for Metro and buses. Best restaurant: Les Halles on Rue Crescent; try the Surprise du Patron--one of the best meals we ever had. Also had fun going to see the Canadiens play hockey.

Old Nov 23rd, 1997, 07:15 PM
Estela and Marcelo

Hi folks! My wife and I are planning to have vacation in USA and Canada on February/98. We are planning to go to Florida, Washington, New York, Montreal and Toronto, but we donīt how is the weather on these cities in this season. Could you help giving informations for us about weather, hotels,...
Thanking in advance for your prompt reply and help,
Best Regards,
Estela and Marcelo

Old Jul 30th, 1998, 02:51 PM
Doone

Hi, new to this site. I am looking for information about a trip our family would like to make for the 1999 new year. Does anyone have any suggestions. Everything I find is for 98. Unsure about destination, will be in the states, and warmer than Ohio. Thanks, to any reply's. Happy to recieve e-mail reply's, Doone