Reload this Page >

Montpellier-Niagara Falls, Canada

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:48 AM
bette

Besides driving through NY state to get to the Canadien side of the falls, can't I just go North from Montpellier & drive up to Montreal & then west to the Toronto area? Will this be any quicker than the 10 hours projected by MapQuest going on the NY turnpike? All help is greatly appreciated.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 10:59 AM
lawren

bette,

It would really help if we knew where you were coming from???

Mapsonus said it would take over 8 hours and we got there in 6.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Louis

Going up to Montreal, then west to Toronto is quite a detour. My guess, at least 150 miles more.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 04:25 AM
Bette

Coming from Montpellier, Vermont to Niagara Falls, Canada...
sorry...drive thru USA is 10 hrs -easy-
so was hoping drive north thru canada via Montreal west to Toronto might be shorter?

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 04:58 AM
Donna

Because of Lake Ontario, the fastest route from Montpelier to Toronto is via Montreal, along the Canadian side (about 8 hours), but if you want to go by Niagara Falls on the way, it will take you 10 hours through VT and NY.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 05:04 AM
Bette

Our destination from Monpellier, Vermont IS Niagara Falls, in Canada. But was just hoping Canadien route would be faster. Thanks everyone!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Jayne

If time is not a big issue, I truly recommend the Canadian route stay overnight in Toronto, then on to Niagara. Visit the CNTower in Toronto, on a clear day you can see the Skylon at Niagara Falls, where you must treat yourself to dinner, especially at sunset, pricey but worth it. Either way... CHANGE YOUR CURRENCY AS SOON AS YOU ENTER CANADA!!!!

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 04:17 AM
xxx

Bette, you've posted this several times and have received several answers!!! But I will help again. Driving north to Montreal, on to Toronto, then down to Niagara Falls is quite a distance and won't save you any time. Drive to Vergennes and cross Lake Champlain on the bridge and drive through New York State. (If you want the fastest route from there, I'll be glad to provide it - I have made the trip many times). It is 7 1/2 to 8 hours (without stops) from Niagara Falls to Burlington, and probably 7 to 7 1/2 hours to Vergennes. Add on the additional time and mileage from your home in Vermont.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 05:13 AM
Bette

Dear previous poster:
I have never posted before about driving from Montpelier to Niagara Falls. I did a lot of searching on Mapquest & Maporama before posting here. Just was hoping for additional information. Now WHO needs a vacation?