that is out of my price range.I
need to have a room with 2 beds-
doubles or larger. I do not want a
B&B, but an inn would fine. I also
do not want to stay at any chain hotels.Any suggestions will be
appreciated.

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 05:53 PM
Pam

I think you're going to have a tough time finding anything in your price range. You're either going to have to give up the water, increase the price or agree to a chain hotel. Even then I think you're going to be faced with high rates. I recently checked into staying at the Doubletree in Monterey and was quoted $360 a night for a standard room.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 07:31 AM
Clousie

Try Rosedale Inn on Asilomar Blvd in Pacific Grove. Not on the water, but the rooms were large and should be within your pricerange. Right across the street from Asilomar Conference Center, which has access to the water.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 10:39 AM
gail

I am not sure why you exclude B&B's..but the Monarch Cove Inn is a good price near the water and has several types of rooms.It is not the traditional intimate B&B, so maybe it would work for you.Check the web site to see if you like it.Have a wonderful time!

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 03:43 PM
Sal

The Seven Gables and the Grand View Inns both have rooms in your price range. Those rooms are smaller than their other rooms and not directly over-looking the water, but the experience of staying at either of these beautiful inns, IMO, would be worth it. All of their rooms are beautiful, mo matter what their price.

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 01:28 PM
Renee

Hi Jim,

We stayed at the Old St. Angela's Inn, last summer, and to date, it's one of my favorite places that I have ever stayed in!

The proprieters cook the most fabulous breakfast every day, and it changes every day. Then in the afternoon, in the "living room" area, they put out two carafes of wine (red and white) and include a platter of fresh fruit and cheese, various crackers, and home made goodies like cookies and cake made just that day.

It's a short walk to the Monterey aqaurium and in a peaceful location. I would go back there in a minute! Oh--a lot of the rooms also have a jacuzzi tub, and I believe that the rates are within your price range.

I think that they are technically located in Pacific Grove, but it's very close and walkable to everything in Monterey.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 03:36 PM
Karen

My favorite place to stay is the Lighthouse Lodge in Pacific Grove - about a long block to the water. They have both regular rooms and suites and I think they are close to your price range. Have fun.