Reload this Page >

money belts..Which kind?

Search

money belts..Which kind?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 02:40 PM
rita

money belts..Which kind?

Do you suggest the waist or around the neck money belt? Going to Amsterdam.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 12:51 AM
BJ

The waist version.

www.ricksteves.com

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 05:46 AM
Cindy

The neck version. But whatever you get, just wear it inside your clothing.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 06:02 AM
xxx

I vote for the neck kind. Put it on under your bra and it's double secure. I tried the waist type once and it fell off because of the double d-ring closure. Any luggage or camping store should have them.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 06:11 AM
Patty

I vote for the waist money belt. I went to France a few months back and my husband wore the waist money belt. The chest belt will show through light clothing and look obvious. The waist one has two loops (one brown and one black)whichever colored belt you are wearing, you slide your belt through that color loop , put your money, credit cards, passports, etc. in it then tuck into your pants. Its the safest gaget ever, just be sure to tuck it back into your pants after using it (several times I had to tell my husband his thing was hanging out-of course it didn't come out right and everyone around us laughed).

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 06:13 AM
J T Kirk

Although I rarely use either, if I had to choose I'd pick the neck style. It just seems to be more accessible, and it seems as though you can into it without calling a lot of attention to yourself. Plus, I don't like the sensation of wearing two belts.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 06:16 AM
Fwhiteside

I'd go for 'Lowe Alpine' 'Bum Bags' ( 'Fanny Packs' ). My Wife & I have taken ours all over the World. They have 'Rucsac' type fastenings, not 'D-Rings', have many compartments & are treated to be waterproof ( Great for water rides in theme parks ! ) We live in the UK & I don't know if they are available in the US ( I presume that's where you are as this is the US forum ).
I know they must be worn outside your clothing but they are really good.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 08:54 AM
dougd

I've found the easiest to use is the zipper pouch that hooks to your pants belt, and tucks down your trouser. Much easier to deal with.