Momofuko Milk Bar Compost Cookies

Feb 12th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Momofuko Milk Bar Compost Cookies

Regis and Kelly had the Chef from Momofuko Milk Bar on today making the COMPOST COOKIES, recommended by Anderson Cooper. Has anyone visited this place ? Is it worth a visit? Are the Compost Cookies as good as they say? It was amazing to watch the ingredients that went into these cookies.
Feb 14th, 2010, 05:50 PM

It's more of a novelty. The place is small,everything is overly sweet and IMHO not worth the money, or the calories.

I tried about half a dozen things (crack pie-butter and sugar in a pie crust, cereal milk soft serve-tasted exactly like the milk leftover after eating frosted flakes), cornflake cookie with marshmallows, and a few other things I don't remember). None of them made me want to return again.

My friend did rave about the cornflake cookie, but he said he was glad that he didn't pay full price for it.

BUT, with all that said, if you are really curious go for it. I'm glad I did only because it "fed" my own curiosity about the Milk bar craze.
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:36 AM

I am with K Blyn. The prices are astronomical and while everything is good to very good, it is not worth the cost.

As opposed to Bouley Bakery where the prices are insane but the products are much better.
Feb 15th, 2010, 07:58 AM

K-brlyn has described it well. I live two blocks from this place and pass it almost every day. After my first visit when I tried an assortment of cookies, I've never felt the need to go again. In fact, I found the compost cookies a bit unnerving--who needs pretzels in a cookie? When I want a cookie in the neighborhood, I head to Venieros, a classic Italian bakery, or to Birdbath, a sort of City Bakery cookie outpost.

http://www.venierospastry.com/

http://nymag.com/listings/stores/birdbath/
Feb 15th, 2010, 08:41 AM

Their desserts make my teeth hurt. Too much sugar.
Feb 15th, 2010, 09:43 AM
mp

Yes, I agree with the above posters - i am a huge fan of Ssam Bar and Ko, but the desserts at Milk Bar are way sweet and not really worth the money. We had a GREAT early dinner at Ssam Bar last night tho - then walked past Milk Bar and laughed at all the people waiting in line . . .
Feb 16th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone. I think I'll take a pass on Momofuko. To tell the truth, I couldn't imagine a cookie with chocolate chips, goldfish, rollos, potato chips, raisinettes, fritos, cocoa Krispies, Ritz Crackers - all in one cookie !!!!!

Pass the Pepcid !!
Feb 16th, 2010, 02:10 PM

Haven't tried the compost cookie, but I've tried some other cookies and I can't see what the fuss is about either. I haven't been to the Noodles Bar in ages either, as I think that there are other better ramen places in NYC.

I'd like to try Momofuku Ko, but I haven't managed to get reservations for dinner yet. I cancelled a lunch reservation once. Lunch is actually more expensive than dinner, if I recall correctly.