Reload this Page >

Mom taking kids to Chicago - Hotel ideas/Parking

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Fopa

I am taking my kids (20, 15, 13) to Chicago August 4th for three days. Will be driving since we only live a few hours away. The only hotel I've found so far with free parking is the Best Western River North which has not had very good reviews here. Since I'm a single mom on a budget can you give me suggestions for safe, clean hotels $100 or less with free parking? Thought we'd take public transport once we're there and parked.
I will be checking some of the links I've found here - but would like some native/experienced suggestions.
Thanx!

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Kevin

Fopa,

Check the info at www.biigingfortravel.com and then bid on priceline. Recent winning bids of $46 per night for the 4* Hyatt on North Michigan Ave. (plus $33/nt. for parking) would work for you.

Also, you could bid on a much nicer (IMO) hotel, the 4* Westin O'Hare which recently went for $42 per night, pay little (or nothing) for parking and take the El in each day for $1.50 pp.

Good Luck,

Kevin

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 02:00 PM
xx

Kevin, While I sometimes use Priceline, it doesn't look that suitable for this situation.

Fopa would have to bid on 2 rooms.

Priceline only guarantees space for two people and she could end up with no space or an extra charge for two more people if she only bid on one room.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Kevin

xx,

I was guessing that they were planning to stay in one room, with the budget and all. Agree with you on the priceline policy. However, I'm 10 for 10 on getting the type of room I've wanted using priceline. I'd recommend calling the hotel directly as soon as your bid is accepted.

Kevin

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 03:50 PM
cd

Fopa
I have never stayed at the Best Western River North, but it is downtown with free parking and free breakfast. Maybe someone here has stayed there and can give more information on it.