Reload this Page >

Mom is looking for a break

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 12:20 PM
Danielle

Looking for somewhere to send my mother who is a little understress for about 3 days..where she can do some activities but not have to go to far from home...We live in Texas..and I am limited to how much I can spend..She would be traveling by herself and she is a young 45...Please Help

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 01:24 PM
Jen

Danielle--have you considered a spa? There are as many different kinds as there are individuals. I know there are some in the Dallas area--not just day spas. Maybe one with yoga classes or stress reduction classes combined with some pampering--massage, manicure might just be what your mother needs.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 01:37 PM
lola

Danielle- Spa idea is great! Also, does she have any hobbies/ Dude ranch? Sports? Many hotels and resorts not far from home have weekend specials. Also, look in the Sunday travel section for air special packages. For example, the other day there was an incredible bargain from NY-London for the weekend. Also, how about Mexico, where the dollar goes far? This is a good time of year for deals in the Caribbean and Mexico--the shoulder season before the holidays. Is that too far from home? You may be surprised. Ask a travel agent for help choosing and booking a package. You won't have to pay much--or anything for the service. What a lovely, thoughtful thing you are doing.

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 07:58 AM
lantell

Try a spa in West Texas or Hot Springs Arkansas

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 03:32 PM
bly

Danielle - what about the Lake Austin spa? We've been looking at it and the spa rate for a 3 day stay are very good but coming from Colorado has made it prohibitive for us to go. (Its in Austin-obviously) Or my 45 yr old boss goes down to S. Padre for a windsurfing camp every year and loves it. Mexico is cheap from Colorado - more so I'm sure from Texas.

Old Nov 11th, 1999, 06:43 AM
Christie

Hot Springs, Arkansas would be a wonderful trip for your mom! The spas there are legendary for the way they pamper their guests. My husband and I spent a weekend there and will go back any time.

I lived in West Texas for 6 years and never heard of any spas out there, though..

Old Nov 11th, 1999, 12:17 PM
Kay

Danielle...Don't know where you live in Texas....but there is a wonderful place called the Gage Hotel in Marathon, TX. It is close to the Big Bend National Park. Not much to do, great food, pool, stark beauty...quiet and restful..no tv's!!! Let me know if you need more info...