Search

Molikini Snorkeling

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 09:34 AM
carol

Molikini Snorkeling

Has anyone been to Molikini recently to snorkel?? I'm planning a trip next week on Trilogy, but I'm getting discouraged after reading a recent post regarding poor visibility, crowds and few fish. Is it really worth the $400 it is going to cost my family?

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 10:14 AM
bebe

I have not been to Molokini recently but when I went several years ago I didn't think it was a great deal. We found the snorkling at Black Rock (at the Sheraton Kanapalli) to be nearly as good. I didn't think the snorkling at Molokini was worth the extra time and expense versus snorkling on your own for free.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 11:02 AM
rob

My advise - don't go. There are simply hundreds of people in the water (many more than the fish). I'd save your money and go to a kid-friendly beach off the shore. Snorkelling stores will give you great maps and tell you where to go. Some beaches have just as many fish and you don't feel like you are on a conveyor belt of tourism.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 05:18 PM
Ed

Aloha Carol! The snorkeling is much better at Black Rock which is by the Sheraton Maui. You can park for free in their parking garage if spaces are available.If you get hungry or thirsty the outdoor bar and restaurant at the Sheraton is just a few steps off the beach, which by the way is the nicest for that area. Aloha, Ed

Old Mar 9th, 2001, 08:18 AM
Anon

We did Molokini and it was a waste of money. First off, they pick yo up at 5AM because if you don't snorkel early in the morning it gets too windy. We were dumped in the water with 100 Japanese tourists who had never snorkeled before and hundreds of others from other boats. It was a mob scene. I would never do it again and would not recommend it. I agree with the other posters about Black Rock.