MN North Shore Lodging

Mar 22nd, 2002, 03:10 PM
rick

MN North Shore Lodging

I am looking for a lodge or resort somewhere on the North shore of Lake Superior. I want it to be a place where my wife and I (taking a 2 day break from our newborn) can kick back and really relax. It doesn't need to be cheap, but a good value won't hurt.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 04:39 PM
lori

Rick,
Check out the site, visitduluth.com
You can request the visitors guide online. Mine arrived within a few days.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 05:01 PM
ttt

Be VERY careful where you stay. Many Northern Minnesota resorts are overrun with drunken partiers. They come up for the week and stay loaded 24/7. It's miserable to be within 500 feet of these louts, but they're everywhere. They have the same problem at many of the Duluth lake/parkside hotels. It's a crapshoot whether your trip will be ruined by these jackasses.

Mar 23rd, 2002, 05:04 AM
loangalsal

Bluefin is in Tofte and a very nice place, great for a romantic getaway. Right on the shore of Lake Superior. You could also try Superior Shores outside of 2 Harbors. There are many B&Bs on the North Shore, you might find one of those appealing. Ignore previous post about drunks. Maybe during spring break in Duluth, or in an RV campsite or something, but I have not had that experience on the North Shore...weird. If you go, try the Alpine Slide in Lutsen, great fun for any age people (my in-laws are in their 70s and they even loved it!). Or you can go up to Grand Marais and shop the cute little stores there. There is a little place to eat there called the Angry Trout and we loved that.

Mar 23rd, 2002, 10:12 AM
George

It's not a lodge or resort. But the Lighthouse ( www.lighthousebb.org ) at Two Harbors is a dandy place to stay.

It's a small B&B run by the Lake County Historical Society. Location is about 40 miles N of Duluth on the north shore. The only people on site at night are those staying there. Someone comes in in the morning to do the breakfast.

Runs about 120/night, and it's a great experience!

Mar 23rd, 2002, 10:31 AM
Kim

Cove Point Lodge--is the only nice and clean place on the north Shore--ask for a cabin--they are just beautiful!!

Mar 23rd, 2002, 02:24 PM
lou

NotaNative must be from Wisconsin. Those people have always been jealous.

Mar 23rd, 2002, 06:22 PM
NotOneEither

lou must be from Minnesota. Those people have always been self righteous