Reload this Page >

Milwaukee with gkids

Search

Milwaukee with gkids

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2001, 09:33 AM
Kay

Milwaukee with gkids

We'll be bringing our children (ages 2 & 4) to the Milwaukee Zoo in July. Any suggestions of any other attractions in the area? Is the riverwalk good for some excercise and restaurants?

Old May 31st, 2001, 09:42 AM
barb

The riverwalk is very nice althought the restaurants are not what I'd call "child-friendly". Don't miss the lake front and if you're here for one of the festivals at the summerfest grounds, the childrens area is really fantastic.

Old May 31st, 2001, 10:07 AM
De Anna

Kay,

I live in a Milwaukee suburb, and the lakefront/riverwalk is great. I've also heard that the Betty Brinn Children's museum is excellent (downtown Milwaukee...for map/prices/etc see their web site: http://www.bbcmkids.org/)

If you have other specific questions, feel free to email me directly.

Old May 31st, 2001, 05:50 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Milwaukee has a really wonderful public museum that is well worth a visit with kids. While the two-year-old is a little young for it, a Brewer game would be a good time for the 4-year-old already. Don't know your exact date, but the Great Circus Parade is Sunday, July 15 and it is one of the best spectacles in the state. (Go to: www.circusparade.com for details). They going to love the zoo. Happy Trails!

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 05:06 AM
KATHY

Milwaukee is a great city. Your kids will love the zoo. There is a new exhibit of a live white aligator alongside of a mechanical white aligator. This exhibit was borrowed from the Audomon Zoo in New Orleans, LA. The kids will love it. Try to go to the zoo on a weekday. It is usually very crowded on weekends.

The weekend of July 14th is Bastille Days Festival. It is in a park in the downtown area. This festival is a lot of fun for adults, but there aren't a lot of attractions here for the kids.

The weekend of July 21st is Italian Fest at the lakefront. This festival is great fun for all. There is great food, lot of souvineer stands, and carnival rides for the kids.

The weekend of July 28th is German Fest at the lakefront. I've never been to this festival, but heard it is a lot of fun.

As mentioned above check the website for the circus parade. Your kids will love it, but plan to get there really early to get a curbside seat.

There are also several great malls here. If you are staying near the zoo there are Brookfield Square and Mayfair Malls. If you are staying downtown there is Grand Avenue Mall.

Your kids will love the Betty Brinn Childrens Museum. We have an IMAX theater right next the the history museum. The IMAX shows some great films that your 4 year old will especially enjoy. In our Public Library we have Discovery World, which is a hands on science museum for children. It's just 1 block away from the IMAX.

If you are here in the beginning of July when our summerfest is going on I don't suggest you take the kids to this. Especially at night it is a very rowdy adult drunk fest.

If you are here at the end of July going into August our State Fair is a kid friendly good time. I believe it runs from August 2-12. If you have any additional questions please post and I will probably have an answer.

Kathy