Millennium House on Boulder Creek?

Old Feb 14th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Millennium House on Boulder Creek?

We will be guests of the University and we've learned that CU puts its guests up in this hotel. The location seems pleasant, but from what I've read (e.g. on Trip Advisor) of the rooms, the hotel seems not very inviting. I'm hoping that people who know the rooms can maybe set my mind at ease. I.e. are the rooms not very nice? We really don't enjoy staying places that aren't quite good. We may forego the university's "freebie" and book another hotel at our own expense if I learn that the Millennium accommodations simply aren't very good.

I appreciate knowledgeable input. Thank you.
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 06:09 AM

Of course, I don't know what you mean by "not very nice" or "aren't quite good." The hotel is the most convenient to campus with everything walkable to the campus so that is the principle reason that it is used by the university. It is a pretty standard, older hotel, that has seen heavy usage. Probably would get three stars in most rating -- some might say two. The room are average but clean and functional. Of course, if you are used to much higher standards, you probably will be disappointed but, truthfully, given the economy, I am glad the university is not spending more money on your freebie.
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 07:38 AM

I would rate it as a 2 star. As the previous poster pointed out, it has seen heavy use. If you are looking for a typical Marriott-type quality, you will not find it here. The biggest advantage is closeness to campus although others are not much further away.
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 08:02 AM

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Ask for a room that overlooks that Flatirons--that will make up for the ordinary quality of the hotel.
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 08:14 AM

I am sorry, fourfortravel, wrong hotel. There are no rooms that overlook the Flatirons. Maybe Boulder Creek but that is not much of a view.
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

I appreciate the replies, and I think I get the picture.

The hotel, by the way, says that one can see the Flatirons from the upper floors. Not sure whether that's an advertising "stretch, " but in any case I realize we'd not enjoy the Millennium. Don't much enjoy Marriott quality hotels either at this point: My wife and I are in our early 80's, have stayed in every sort of hotel and campground in our time, and have learned that traveling is burdensome enough these days for us; high quality hotels ease the other discomforts of travel.

We may forego this particular trip, since the somewhat better hotels are booked for our dates, though I remember that Boulder is a terrifically handsome and appealing place. With our limited energies, we've learned to pick and choose what's best for us. I thank you all for your input.
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 09:05 AM

If you standards are well above a Marriott, then you should pass because I don't think any hotel in Boulder meets that standard. First and foremost Boulder is college town. There are some very nice hotels along 36 just a few miles east of Boulder that you could consider but then you would have the hassle of driving in.
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 11:50 AM

I disagree about Boulder not having a hotel above the Marriott standard. The St. Julien hotel is a definite cut above the Marriott level. It is probably the only one. I agree the old "Harvest House" hotel (Millenium) has seen better days.
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

From what I gather from various websites, I agree that St Julien seems a cut above Marriott. I wish they had availability!
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 02:54 PM

There's an almost brand-new Marriott a block north of the Millenium Harvest House.
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 03:17 PM

I've only been on the outside....driving by. I personally wouldn't stay there. I would prefer a bed and breakfast. Check out B&B's, you'll like Boulder more if you do!