Midtown Manhatten to Yankee Stadium?

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Yankee Fan

Midtown Manhatten to Yankee Stadium?

Two of us will be staying at The Wellington Hotel on 7th Ave. & 55th Street in June when the Yankees are in town. How can we get to Yankee Stadium? We're willing to take the subway if there are not too many transfers and we can exit near the stadium. But perhaps a taxi is the best? Thanks.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 11:12 AM
al

Take the D train from 7th Avenue and 53rd. It's easy, cheap, quick and safe.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Merilee

To avoid transfers, you can walk to or 59th and Lexington Avenue and take the #4 train right to Yankee Stadium...it's the 161st Street exit.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 04:44 AM
rqf

Take the D train at 53rd and 7th. Train is an express and only makes 3 stops. The train trip will take around 15 minutes. When you exit the subway the Stadium is across the street. Cost is $1.50 a person. Forget the taxi - cost will be between $10 and $15 and it will take much longer than the 15 minute train ride. Take the same train back. You are not likely to find a taxi. Train is safe and will be more crowded returning than going.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 07:50 AM
John

Yankee Fan:

You have the perfect spot! The guy's say the 'D' train at 7th and 55th! Perfect! No worries, no traffic, no hastles. You will have quick access both going and comming from the stadium!
JOHN

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 07:52 AM
JOhn

Yankee Fan:

Maybe I am being too cautious but it is "Uptown" to the Stadium and "Downtown" back to your hotel!
Just want to give you that perfect NYC experience!!
JOHN

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 08:04 AM
ryan

Take the subway. However, while the D train is closer to your hotel, part of the true Yankee Stadium experience is the sight of the Stadium outside the window of the 4 train.

I'd say take the 4 there for the experience and the D train back for convienience.

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 08:10 PM
SteveP

Subway all the way. It is fast and safe. You will be riding with many Yankee fans. Get to the D or 4 trains to go straight into the stadium. You don't even have to go on the street. Taxis are slow and expensive. Traffic is brutal around Yankee stadium on a game night and tough when there is no game.

Old May 8th, 2002, 08:38 AM
jmcmahon

I too am planning to attend a Yankee game while in NY and was planning to take the D train but I was noticing on the subway map that this train doesn't stop at Yankee stadium during rush hour (ends at 6:30 pm) Since we are going to a 7:05 game and we want to allow plenty of time for ourselves it doesn't seem like this train will work for us... .Did I misunderstand something...any guidance would be helpful..

Old May 8th, 2002, 10:09 AM
plummie

We plan to go to the Yankees/Twins game (go Twins!) on Sunday afternoon, May 19th. Anybody know if the D train has the same schedule on Sundays? Also, are there midtown ticket offices where we could get tickets the day before the game?

Thanks!

Old May 8th, 2002, 10:24 AM
rob

Figure it out yourself, traitor! GO YANKEES!!!

Old May 8th, 2002, 10:28 AM
abc

the midtown yankees ticket office I believe is on either 59 or 58th street near Lexington-between Lexington and Park (less then a block from Bloomdingdales.)

Old May 8th, 2002, 10:29 AM
ny

The D Train does stop at Yankee Stadium at all times. enjoy!

Old May 8th, 2002, 10:54 AM
plummie

Thanks abc and ny! And Rob, as a life-long resident of Mpls, I'm not a traitor to anything Minnesotan. Besides, I'm old enough to remember seeing Willy Mays play for the Mpls Millers in the early 50's.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 10:18 PM
jbj

We don't dare drive into New York! Anyone know how to get in to Yankee Stadium from the train that comes in from Connecticut? We thought we could stay in Stanford, or New Haven or somewhere and take the commuter train? Any help or other ideas appreciated.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 11:34 AM
ca

From Conn. you have to take the Metro North into Penn Station and then take subway up to the stadium.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Dave

From Connecticut, take the Metro-North train to Grand Central Station (Last stop NYC). From there, take the uptown 4 Subway line to Yankee Stadium. You can check the Metro North Train Fare and Schedule at www.mta.info. Have Fun. Go Yankees.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Jim

I don't know why you'd want to go to a Yankee game when the real team (not to mention the real fans) is in Flushing. But if the ferry is running (it was last year) you can take it up the East River, past Riker's Island and it will let you off right at Yankee Stadium.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 01:09 PM
jbj

Also want directions to Shea, but didn't dare post that at first for fear of not getting any responses on the Yankee question.

From Westport Ct we take the Metro North into Grand Central? And then how do we get to Shea?.
Thanks!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 01:12 PM
JKNYer

From the Metro North in Grand Central you can transfer to the Queens bound #7 train and get off at Shea Stadium.
JK

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information