Reload this Page >

michael jordan restaurant in NYC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 09:10 AM
carol

can anyone please give me some feedback about this restaurant? we will be in nyc in october and heard the steaks there were the best in town.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 09:13 AM
Jack

I don't know about being the best in town, but they are very good. Very stylish room and portions were huge. Decent wine list, I prefer Smith and Wollinsky's.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 09:19 AM
Rachel

Carol,

I can think of better places to get a steak. Not that the steaks aren't good but you are paying more for the atmosphere. Smith and Wollensky's is great. For more information check out www.zagats.com. It will allow you to do a search for steakhouses in Manhattan.

Good luck!

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 05:39 PM
rqf

Peter Lugar's in Brooklyn is considered, by most everyone familiar with steakhouses, to be the best steakhouse in NYC.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 06:40 PM
David

If it is anything like his Chicago restaurant was, I'd pass. Cheeseburger cost $12.00 and they almost laughed when I asked about how often Micheal stops in. Remember that most of these so-called celebrity restaurants are not actually owned by them but rather they are paid a handsome fee to use/market the name.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 06:08 AM
ncgrrl

David, I'm sure Michael Jordan has spent more time in his Chicago restaurant than at his "Michael Jordan 23" restaurant in Chapel Hill, NC.

Carol, I'm sorry I jumped in on your question. I have no idea about any of his restaurants.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 07:39 AM
juli

As I usually do when I see questions about NY, the best place to get the update on the best of the best in NY and other major cities is citysearch.com. You can search by Steakhouse and there best of 2001 list is almost coming out.
I have never been to MJ's but I am sure he plays basketball better then grilling up steaks.
The other 2 posters where my top 2 favorites with S & W's and Peter Lugar's
But citysearch is worth a look at there votes
JK