miami trendy restaurant

Search

miami trendy restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
miami trendy restaurant

My boyfriend and I are spending a few days in South Beach at the Savoy and are planning on one splurge meal - looking at either Touch, Nemo, Rumi or Pearl. We are looking for something hip and trendy but very good food takes precedence. Budget is at or under $150 for two people (is this feasible at these places)? Also, will it be worth it to go on a Sunday or Monday night? thanks!
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 07:45 AM

You're leaving the best choice off your list: Wish, in The Hotel, Collins and 8th. Todd Oldham-designed room, romantic patio, completely unique fusion cuisine (Mediterranean-Asian, a little Floribbean, a lot tasty). Blows all your other choices away.

$150 for two will be a bit tight, but if you forego the bottle of wine, you can do it. And Sunday or Monday is a good idea if you want a less-crowded, more relaxed dining experience.
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 09:46 AM

If you are going before the end of October, miami restaurants have a promotion called Miami Spice (www.miamirestaurantmonth.com) that has lunches for $20.04 and dinners, generally 3-course, for $30.04. Both Pearl and Touch are in there, as are many other good restaurants. If you follow the links for the restaurants that are on the miami spice restaurant, the individual websites have what is going on at their place each night. Some places have just as much life on a sunday or monday as they would on the weekend.
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 10:17 AM
GoTravel

My favorite is The Forge. Wednesday night is their happening night at their nightclub next door, Jimmy Zs.

Old Oct 11th, 2004, 10:45 AM

Some of the best are in Coral Gables. It is the city beautiful....
Old Oct 20th, 2004, 02:44 PM

Has anyone been to OLA? This is getting lots of press....comments?
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 12:45 PM

We had an outstanding meal at OLA a few weeks ago. A bit off the beaten path but worth it. They offer various tasting menus that allow you to try a wide variety of their dishes - I believe DH and I sampled 15 different things between us and loved almost all of them. Tasting menus can also be paired with wine (but not for $150 a couple!) Wide variety of ceviches, great mojitos. You could probably eat there for $150 or so if you don't drink a lot (hard to resist those mojitos). Great ambiance, wonderful food. Check out their menu at www.olarestaurant.com.
Old Oct 30th, 2004, 02:01 PM

annie, thanks!! since I don't know Miami at all if we are staying at south beach is this too much of a hike to cab to?