Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Mexican restaurants in Las Vegas recommendations?

Aug 25th, 2000, 11:19 AM
Bret

Has anyone found any Mexican restaurants in Las Vegas that they might recommend? Anyone heard of a place called, I think, El Sombrero? Any good? Thanks!!!

Aug 25th, 2000, 11:29 AM
Hal

Coyote Cafe in MGM has excellent Tex-Mex. Order anything on the menu and it'll be good. Another Tex-Mex place in Mandalay Bay, Border Grill, is pretty good too. Inventive tequila menu to boot! Plus, they have outdoor seating (indoor also) which is nice if you go when it's not blazing hot. Granted, both of these aren't "authentic" Mexican restaurants, but they are still good restaurants in my opinion!

Aug 25th, 2000, 02:26 PM
Meg

I'll second Coyote Cafe at MGM. It was good - maybe a little more TexMex than straight Mex.

Aug 26th, 2000, 06:42 AM
Lily

One of my best meals this year was at the Pink Taco inside the Hard Rock Hotel, they too have outdoor dining.

Aug 26th, 2000, 07:16 AM
Lisa

Ate at Borders Grill last Fall. It was very good and outdoor patio very pleasant and peaceful atmosphere. I'd go there again.

Aug 26th, 2000, 08:17 PM
Linda

We stayed at the Venetian for Christmas and upstairs in the Grand Canal Shoppes there was a Mexican Restaurant on the canal (where the gondolas go by) and it was very good. I don't remember the name but it's the only one up there. They had very good margaritas too.

Oct 10th, 2000, 06:35 AM
patty

The Stardust has a great Mexican restaurant. I think it is "Dos" something or other, very pretty decor and the salsa is excellent!!!

Oct 10th, 2000, 01:30 PM
Dana

I've never come across very many Mexican
restaurants in Las Vegas. Now I know where to go. The only one I've ever found was inside the Forum shopping mall
and it's called Salsa, and you get these
2-foot long margaritas in a plastic (glass?) with the name SALSA on it!

Oct 10th, 2000, 05:05 PM
ggg

coyote cafe in MGM was excellent.

if you're seated at the back by the wall, it has a real nice cozy atmosphere, as if you're actually in a mexican cafe in mexico.
the wall has murals, the music is soft, and very romantic

staff there were very nice too.

Oct 11th, 2000, 04:22 AM
Kim

Coyote Cafe in MGM was spectacular!!!!! Make sure you get the nachos and a margarita.